SAU Community

Stagea Suspension

Sydneykid

This is what Sk said to someone else

They state 7/6 which is 7 kg / mm (390 lbs per inch) for the front and 6 kg / mm for the rear (335 lbs per inch). As a comparison, the standard Stagea fronts are 165 lbs per inch, so that's a 137% increase in spring rate. Usually for sporty road use I would be loooking for around 30% increase. I think I'll leave it at that, you can make your own judgement from the numbers:cheers:

and i think my rates are h8/9 , i would think my spring rates are way to high for a comfortable ride,,,,,,,,,,,would anyone be able to confirm that even if i put bilsteins in that my ride would be too firm,thanks

No damper will be able to compensate for springs which are too stiff. If you still have your stockers you could put them back and the Bilsteins should harden up the ride but not too much.

hmmm could be bumpstop related. trim them down 40-45 and see if it makes a difference. OR pull them out completely and if its the same just wack em back in

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on this yet mate?

bit of an update

dunno how many of you guys n girls are tearing your hair out trying to find lowering springs for your stag's... ive been looking into it for a while now for my missus car (1999 Auto RS4), finally bit the bullet and decided to get some after a bit of playing around and a few issues i think we have sussed it out.

Im a Mechanic @ Tokyo Motorsport and Ive been working with our local Pedders Suspension store in Cannington, (Perth) Western Australia for the last week trying to setup a decent set of springs that fit correctly...

Fronts:

Fronts is easy I fitted 33/34 GTR front springs and they are sweet cope with the weight awesome and most of that boat like feeling is gone from the steering.

Rear:

Rear Skyline srings are to wide to sit on the spring seats properly so i would advise not to try and fit them as it is not safe,

atm the new springs (From a different listed car) are fitted to the stag and im letting them settle before i try and explain what they are and how they look as we have been taking a few pics along the way... i will keep everyone posted over the next week as the springs settle so we can find out what the ride height ends up being and how the overall handling is.

If anyone else has had issues with the rear spring diameter not fitting the rear shocks id also like to know how you solved it :D

Cheers Trav

Any update on this yet mate?

Get proper Stagea springs - Eibach, Teins etc forget about Peddars look up your nearest distributor on Google.

Best single mod to get rid of the "boat like feeling" is a much heavier rear sway bar.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a set of TEIN Streets i think sitting in my shed that came off my Autech.

I'm thinking of getting rid of them so if someone wants to make me an offer?

They are located in Canberra!

I have a set of TEIN Streets i think sitting in my shed that came off my Autech.

I'm thinking of getting rid of them so if someone wants to make me an offer?

They are located in Canberra!

Springs or coilovers? I may be keen either way.

They are a coil over but not super streets as they are adjustable.

I took them off my car as it made it really low and i need to pass NSW roadworthy.

They have been spray painted and the rear right was leaking a little.

id say Super flex wagon or super flex wagon SDL (super down low). possibly the SDL's if it wasnt high enough for rego.

would be a good buy, tein dealers can rebuild them easily. for those who dont know these will fit C34 RS260's and RS4-S models only

• 2 weeks later...

hey mate i did a search on IM for nm35 and that one came up

I've got a nm35 a white one... I was at the NSW meeting as well...

Cheers

Looks more like the bits that clip onto the spring.

Look at the picture, the arrows point to them.

Also this;

World's First Spring rate adjustable attachment system! You can taste it on your own setting the spring rate of your choice, you exit the structure in the spring rate is reduced, becomes difficult one If you put 500 yen or sold! In many vehicles, even by reversing the attachment can be moved so the next time your car or you can set your favorite

Oh, and 3890yen is for either the front OR rear set of these clip on things.

Yeah I've seen those they're something to do with the spring, not actualy coilovers..

Looks like none of those cheap Silkroads are there anymore...

Cheapest Coilovers would be the Tananbe NF at around $800...so maybe 1100 landed. Prolly better off with BC's...