SAU Community

Stagea Suspension

Sydneykid

260tech - Big :thumbsup: for the data collection there - That is fantastic to have all of that on one post. I will have a chat to some people where i got the wheel alignment done, and see if there is a reason why i can't get to 0mm toe rear.

KiwiRS4T - You are right about the wandering! It's not massive, but a person used to a car would notice it. It just feels like the HiCas effect is more noticeable.

Thanks heaps guys :cheers:

No worries Jezboosted. Found my own original alignment numbers from 2007 on the 49 page journey in an old post on here which should explain my current position regarding rear tyre wear. I will cut n paste below (un-edited) for this post.

My old post:

Quote "Had mine done recently, numbers about the same as above, fr & rr toe + 0'01" , fr camber -1'10"left, -1'08"right, caster +4'2"left, +3'1" rear toe +0'01"lt & rt but just reading rear camber = awful. ( left - 1.44 deg, right +11.4 deg) typo?" Unquote.

Seems my rear camber was set at a degree & a half negative left, positive right (maybe), definitely not SK's specs for the rear end. Having said that, i never had any dramas driving the wagon, it went where-ever I pointed it, no problem. It went GREAT in fact. :banana:

Back to reality.......Since I bought the "works" from SK with the primary objective of curing the rear tyre wear plus having some fun with the rest of the gear, (tax cheque came in handy) I have no doubt at all that I would have given my aligners a copy of the recommended alignment details, (as I have done this time round btw), probably with some authority & relish :devil: knowing me.

I obviously did not take any notice of the said resulting numbers at the time of paying the bill on my way outta there. Being a "country boy" down in the "big city" I just wanted my wagon back so I could get back in control. :miner:

Now after buying some fancy gear (tax cheque pending) to fix ongoing rear tyre abnormal wear I found that my team had not used the full adjustability available to them, see first pic.

Being an "old bast&%d" & not driving the beast much, it did take me a while to stuff the rear tyres (2007 ~ now) However, I thought I could reasonably expect to bugger them evenly? At least that was the plan.

Traction adjustment not needed unless you are going full batsh*t on the track. Which I am not but Ikeya recommend these links in their sales blurb. Save yer dough.

Left to right. Unappreciated Whiteline adjustable bush/new stuff/new stuff

Seeya, GW

post-34341-0-37395300-1333021178_thumb.jpg

post-34341-0-50826300-1333026249_thumb.jpg

post-34341-0-00883800-1333026364_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Can any one confirm that V35/350z coilovers are compatible with NM35 stageas?

Tein list different part numbers for 2wd and 4wd m35 models. Im unsure if this means they are different or just their part naming protocol.

• 2 weeks later...

Lads.. im overseas atm and cant look for myself so im just wondering if someone can confirm if a 1999 S2 Stagea w/ hicas and awd uses an “eyelet” or “fork” type rear lower strut?

I'm in the process of buying some BC VS Coilovers and need to confirm it.

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone have any idea why the Tein S-Tech springs I fitted in my RS4S didn't actually lower the car noticeably? The front dropped maybe 10mm but the back didn't drop at all. The Tein front springs were about 1.5inches shorter than the stock spring and the backs were the same height. It is noticeably stiffer in the front though...

• 3 weeks later...

Would anyone have any idea why the Tein S-Tech springs I fitted in my RS4S didn't actually lower the car noticeably? The front dropped maybe 10mm but the back didn't drop at all. The Tein front springs were about 1.5inches shorter than the stock spring and the backs were the same height. It is noticeably stiffer in the front though...

Are they supposed to? Have you changed your dampers/shocks? I have Tein springs but also changed to Nismo labelled Bilsteins at the same time and they determine my ride height.

Here ya go:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/nissan/suspension/auction-482758760.htm

If they are not meant to lower the car far, that could be normal.

Old, soft springs on a heavy car may already have sagged somewhat over the years.

In addition, new springs can take a couple of days or even a week to settle properly under the car's weight.

Or, as Bob said it could be a difference in their mounting as well.

I guess the question is whether you were after a look, or improved handling. If you just want it to look low and not handle cut a coil off the springs with an angle grider ;)

According to Tein, the S-Tech spring is supposed to lower the car around 1.5inches from standard and are designed to be used with the standard shock (which I have done).

They've been in for 3 weeks now and it hasn't come down anymore. If the standard setup had sagged that much, I'd hate to see how high the car was before!!!

As for chopping off a coil or two, it had crossed my mind but I don't want to be that dodgy, I'm passed all that now haha. Plus they're a tapered spring.

I'm thinking I might take my standard springs to get reset 40-50mm lower then chuck them back in. Or just keep saving for BC's.

I'm pretty sure the Teins will be coming out and going up for sale soon tho.

Hey guys.

I have just got a 96 C34 Stagea i beleive its a S1 and a mate of mine told me that the s13 shock and springs fit into the stagea?

Is this correct?

kind regards Karl

96 is a s1 and no it wont fit.

the fronts are gtr. rear is gtst if u have eyelets on the botom.

the tops of the rear is more like s15 than skyline.

i posted some bits on hear about what evoR used to make up my std coilovers

According to Tein, the S-Tech spring is supposed to lower the car around 1.5inches from standard and are designed to be used with the standard shock (which I have done).

They've been in for 3 weeks now and it hasn't come down anymore. If the standard setup had sagged that much, I'd hate to see how high the car was before!!!

As for chopping off a coil or two, it had crossed my mind but I don't want to be that dodgy, I'm passed all that now haha. Plus they're a tapered spring.

I'm thinking I might take my standard springs to get reset 40-50mm lower then chuck them back in. Or just keep saving for BC's.

I'm pretty sure the Teins will be coming out and going up for sale soon tho.

just get stds ( coilovers that is lol ) there $1200 new and come with a 24 month warranty and also endorsed by Keiichi Tsuchiya

Developed an interesting light knock in my front end.

I noticed it after using the roof rails as a grab rail walking around in the garage, as you do.

So if I shake the car side to side I have a knock.

I havent noticed anything new driving but stupid semi-rural country roads and overly stiff coilovers make my car piss anyway.

No vibrations or any skatey braking.

It seems to be wheel well based, I have had my hand on both strut tops and not noticed movement.

I have tried to wriggle tie rods, caster rods and LCAs but nothing noticeable.

It had to get new caster rod bushes to get rego so i dont think its them.

Do the upper control arm bushes on these things go soggy?

I cant get under it and shake the car as my poor wife cant keep the momentum up....

By the way its a C34.

Developed an interesting light knock in my front end.

I noticed it after using the roof rails as a grab rail walking around in the garage, as you do.

So if I shake the car side to side I have a knock.

I havent noticed anything new driving but stupid semi-rural country roads and overly stiff coilovers make my car piss anyway.

No vibrations or any skatey braking.

It seems to be wheel well based, I have had my hand on both strut tops and not noticed movement.

I have tried to wriggle tie rods, caster rods and LCAs but nothing noticeable.

It had to get new caster rod bushes to get rego so i dont think its them.

Do the upper control arm bushes on these things go soggy?

I cant get under it and shake the car as my poor wife cant keep the momentum up....

By the way its a C34.

Sway Bar link?