SAU Community

Stagea Suspension

Sydneykid

he said for his RS4S so its a manual mate.

from what i found looking im not sure if BC's make a coilover kit for the manual stagea. i have stagea specific HSD coilovers (very high spring rates) for my RS4S. if you cant find them for RS4-S(WGNC34) try looking for ones to suit 260RS autech as they share the same suspension.

user "Verms" on here has some TEIN coilovers to suit RS4S/260RS for sale if you PM him for a price. TEINs are good because of the ability to rebuild/service them.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys you'll have to excuse this as a first post

I have some unknown lowering springs fitted to my Series one rs4 but the shocks are not up to the job , can anyone recommend a suitable shock , I was thinking KYB but having read this thread not so sure now , what is available and proven? I am looking for comfort and good damping

here is a pick to illustrate ride height btw I am in the UK

IMAG0165.jpg

Most of the C34 guys go with Bilsteins, or coilovers I think.

I'd look at Bilsteins if you're not interested in adjustment, your height looks spot on to my eye.:thumbsup:

Nice car! +1 for Bilsteins. I see some mods have been done already - clear indicators, R34 GTR rims? Have you got upgraded rear sway bar? One of the biggest value improvements available - check the group buy here v what you can source in the UK.

I would not highly reccomend KYB's my mate had some in his mazda 323 the old school rear wheel drive bad boy and they lasted less then a year b4 they seemd to get really bad and bottomed out allot.. i dunno personal experience or something but i will never buy that brand.. sorry to be bearer of bad news but cheap usually means cheap... and for suspension that means not long life span..

P.S. my M35 has nismo suspension in it well springs anyways is this a factory spek thing? anyone know if the struts would be nismo or just springs..

Edited by Nismo4Life

If Z33/V35 coilovers fit M35's, does it mean that Z33/V35 lowering springs will fit intoi M35 standard shocks?

They'll fit but it'll be no good; theyre not designed for the weight.

P.S. my M35 has nismo suspension in it well springs anyways is this a factory spek thing? anyone know if the struts would be nismo or just springs..

Sold as a set; youd likely have nismo struts :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Yes they have definately been discontinued

They were available for a while under a different part number but sadly both are now finished.

I have an account with bilstein and bought the last three sets for stageas in the uk.

I have also been told there are no plans to reintroduce them at a later date.

• 5 weeks later...

i just put some BC coilovers in my rs4 s1 and i was pretty dissapointed with the ride height, i wound the front ones down as low as possible and no pre-load on the spring and still have about 1.5" of clearence between the guard and tyre, anyone else have this problem?

i just put some BC coilovers in my rs4 s1 and i was pretty dissapointed with the ride height, i wound the front ones down as low as possible and no pre-load on the spring and still have about 1.5" of clearence between the guard and tyre, anyone else have this problem?

Silly question, but did they send you the right ones? On my M35 the BC's had to wound almost all the way in the other direction or else the wheel was up inside the guard. Definetly no issue with not enough low.

I remember "Run-it Hard" saying that they didn't go low enough on his Stagea; not sure what he did to correct it, because he certainly had it low in the end.

Might've gone shorter springs?

I don't suppose you actually did wind the the lower section down as low as possible? You need to wind it up to make it shorter...

we wound the lower section as high as possible and made sure the spring had no pre load and still 2 high, anyone know what run it hard did, because i was kinda hoping for stance like his stagea had

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anyone else got or have seen a stagea with HKS hypermax III Sport coilovers??? i can find a stagea listing, but my newly imported RS4S has a set of these all round.

hey mate.. preety sure my 2000 rs4s has them all round too.. dont know exact model but they are hks and full adjustiable

Edited by shotpointblank

hey mate.. preety sure my 2000 rs4s has them all round too.. dont know exact model but they are hks and full adjustiable

are they gold?? i swear by hks suspension, HKS hypermaxx II are purple in colour- never seen them in a stagea, i have them in my R33, HKS hypermax III road coilovers are silver, HKS Hypermax III Sport are gold in colour and are for track/competition.

http://www.hksusa.com/info/?id=3409