SAU Community

importing an r32

Turbz_13

hey how r ya all, im new and dont have a skyline yet. but they r the maddest cars around and hoping to get 1 soon. im lookin at an r32 GTR if i can find a cheap 1 through a private importer. just wondering if there r any people that kno a good price to pay for 1 and who would b a good company to go thro to import it.

Well you probably COULD pick one up for $17,500... dunno if it'd be drivable though... You'd have to do more work than its worth to get it up to scratch if you got something at that price.

I'd suggest saving a bit more and spending ~$25,000 that way you should get a nice clean example with prehaps a few light mods.

Just my view though and I'm only a novice at importing too...

They used to be available at that price when you had to store them for up to a year before they could be brought in, but now the cars are actually landing here, the price has gone up to the early $20ks even for an unmodded one.

For some reason the price of R34s has skyrocketed also .... just when I was thinking about getting a GTR too :)

i have just been lookin on prestige motor sports and have noticed that the cheapest 32 GTR is in the 19's. looks like i will have to b spendin around 21-23 for a decent one. oh well they r mad cars and think it will b worth it, i hope! cheers for ya help so far fellas!

Yea the reason the price has gone up is because they are now an eligible import, as of May or June I think and therefore everybody has been buying them, pushing the price up. Before they were cheaper, but it costs quite a bit of cash to store a car in Japan for 3 - 6 months until they're elgible to import

For what? I just brought a TT Soarer over about 6 months ago and that cost bout $4500 in compliance, but that was because they were the only place in Adelaide who could do compliance and so they charged what they want. Now I think its around the $3500 - $4500 mark, depending on what car you get. Also, prices vary from state to state. However, for an '89 model GTR under the 15 year rule it only requires minimum compliance which is generally between $500 - $1000.

i kno it maybr illegal but does anyone kno anything bout Ghosting or rebirthing? saves the problem of having to go thro compliancing. or where i can pick up a GTR compliance plate? if so i might b able to get a 1992 GTR cheap, uncomplied so thats why im lookin for the plate.

if u care about 1k and how could u maintain a GTR once u get it?

u might have headache even keeping a gts-t.

They are bargain to buy, but sure not a bargain to keep.

Nicely put Max. Btw, what happen to the "flying chicken?"

Nicely put Max. Btw, what happen to the "flying chicken?"

I bought myself a GT2540, but been rip off by the jap (rare but it happen). The turbo was stuffed. :whip:

i might put in on eBay soon with the price i pay for it, feel sorry for "someone".

Then after a few thread about the weak gearbox i am not going to bother with bigger turbo, as i don't want to downgrade to 5 speed while not able to spend 5-6k for a nismo 6 speed.

the stockie will stay and a SAFC will going into the car soon.

so from now on my money will be invest on handling side, suspenion, bar, stablizer...

while a set of R32 GTR brakes with aftermaket rotor and pad has been pushased and going on the car soon, too.

It's all going to happen after the exam. :P

i am also thinking of getting a LS400 for daily as they seems pretty cheap - black, lower, 19" chrome and killer sound system... :D

if i was to get a 15yo GTR i wuldnt worry, i was lookin at a 92 - 94. but i found another importer that does way cheaper cars including compliancing. now lookin at a 1994 BNR32 V spec. has a couple 4 sale. i wasnt gonna steel no cars, i wanted to find say a smashed up GTR and get the compliance plate off that and then import 1 and stike the place on it. that was only an idea from a mate that use to work in import yards