SAU Community

Xforce turbo back SS exhaust systems from ebay,

Edit: I wrote a review of the system when I finally bought it, see the end of the thread.

Hey yall,

Has anyone bought one of those Xforce turbo back exhaust systems for a R33 GTST from ebay?

They have have them for the WRX and 200sx as well, any one bought one of them? I guess they are all of the same build quality.

I'd like to know what people think of them:

1) are they worth the money

2) are they of good build quality

3) whats the sound level / quality like

4) are they easy to fit,

5) do they come with all the parts you need,

6) performance wise, how do they go?

They are really cheap, $970 and include: (info from seller)

Front and dump pipe in one

High flow cat

Catback pipe

Canon style muffler

Muffler bracket.

All made by Xforce. all in 3inch madrel bent Stainless steel.

here is a link to the item:

Ebay auction for R33 GTST Turbo back exhaust system, $970

I got quotes from a few places around Brizneyland for the same spec system for between $2000 - $3000 fitted. I thought that was duckin expensive!!!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's stainless steel. It's a bit of a bargain at that price.

I put together a mild steel exhaust for my old R33 GTS-t for:

$200 muffler (stainless, twin tip, from Just Jap)

$160 hi-flow cat

$200 front/dump pipe

$300 custom 3" mandrel bent piping, resonator, and installation (local exhaust shop).

The system was freaking awesome and had a great sound and more power all round.

So yeah. It can be done cheaper if you shop around.

I've seen these around a couple of local shops in Canberra, would be interested to know what people think of them.

You can get an xforce turbo back setup all in S.S with for about $1000, or pay a bit more and get one of those nice looking split dumps.

Just Jap sell them too:

http://www.justjap.com/xforce.htm

They certainly look solidly built.

Anyone got one?

• 2 weeks later...

check this out before you buy it...:

Xforce Exhaust

I only came across it today and remembered this thread.

There are a few differences between this and the exhaust you posted up..

your exhaust doesnt seem to mention xforce at all... maybe i missed it. But this one clearly says xforce

and this one isn't polished all through like your one

personally I wouldn't pay the extra $300 to have it polished all the way.

It's for sale by the same people...

Hope you didn't go out and buy it already before you read this :)

Cheers man,

I have not bought anything yet, I've emailed the seller to ask a few questions about that exhaust. I think it is the mild steel version of the stainless system I posted in my origional message. Fair bit cheaper than the SS version - $650 + $49 P&H. (bloody cheap for a 3" mandrel bent turbo back exhaust with a SS high flow cat and cannon muffler).

I'll make a decision about which I think is better value after I hear from the seller. I have also asked a few people who have bought the same system from this seller to see what their opinion is. I'll post up anything I learn if I get any replys.

okie dokie

i'd be interested to learn of your results too...

650 for a Brand New turbo back is awesome...

I think Xforce only recently started making full exhausts. A few of my friends have bought Xforce Mufflers and they just as good as any Jap one.

I piad 380 for just a custom catback... I think I'll be upgrading to an xforce like you soon.

These are the responses I got from various buyers and the seller, generally a pretty good opinion of the system considering the price, you can make up your own mind.

I'm aware how anal retentative all of this is, but when it comes to my car or spending $1000 on a product I've never seen, then I'm sure I can be forgiven. (Think this is a bit obsessive, then you should have seen me when I was buying the car!)

Note that I have cut out some of the irrelevant info from these messages, sorry the post is still huge, but I hope it helps someone out there.

Buyer opinion regarding mild steel exhaust system for a R33 skyline (the one in the post by Liquid Ice above):

“Firstly, I'm very impressed with the exhaust I absolutely love it. First I added the high flow cat and cat back exhaust and I noticed the boost increased heaps and the car had so much more nuts. After a couple of days I added the front pipe and I noticed the car had more torque, top end did not change that much :D. So from a performance point of view well worth the dollars.

Noise: Silencer really doesn't do that much. Anyway the exhaust is not that loud, not drony at all..

Q: Is the system ready to bolt on, ie; does it come with all the necessary gaskets, bolts, connections.

A: NO! but nearly, you get the dump pipe, cat back, high flow cat with 1 gasket, canon muffler and bracket for the canon muffler. If your in a rush to put it on like me you can use the original gaskets and bolts. Actually I had to get some bolts and nuts - same bolts that are on the high flow cat. Oh you will need to get a gasket for the canon muffler too.

Q: Confirm - is it a direct bolt on replacement for the standard exhaust system on a R33 GTST series 1 Skyline.

A: Yes: I have a series 1.5 no problems for me.

took me about 4 hours total to install the exhaust...

Have you seen on the net how much the exhaust cost - ~$1500. So even though it was missing some insignificant pieces it is definitely worth the money. ;)

took 5 working days to get to my house.”

Message from the seller regarding the mild steel version

“Yes, the mild steel has the same design as the stainless steel one.

The system consists of front and dump pipe in one, stainless steel cat, catback pipe, canon style muffler and muffler bracket. It is designed to fit the factory turbo and there is oxygen sensor hole in the dump pipe and there should be another one with the cat.

Bolt and gaskets are not included.

The actual system look like the stainless steel one except the pipes are in silver ceramic colour.

The weight difference between the two is minimal.

My recommendation is this :

For performance only : go for the bargain mild steel system as the pipes are powdered coated

For good look and performance : stainless steel”

Email from seller regarding the stainless steel version of the exhaust

Answers to your questions. Yes, it is direct bolt on system which you do not even require welding, it is designed for the factory turbo so everything is there for you. Bolts are not supplied but any muffler shop can provide that to you cheaply.

This is a great performance system will bargain price.

Front and dump pipe in one

High flow cat

Catback pipe

Canon style muffler

Muffler bracket.

All made by Xforce.

Buyer opinion regarding mild steel exhaust system for a 200sx by the same seller and manufacturer:

"The exhaust is not the best system that i have installed, but having Said that if u have half a clue it will bolt on without any major Problems.

Ready to bolt on including gaskets and stainless steel bolts…

It comes with the oxygen sensor threaded holes, both at the beginning Of the system and at the catalytic converter end.

Some of the brackets were not in exactly correct positions

I have done an original trust system on a 200sx and that was a joy to

Work with. Everything was like original, brackets and all. It sat nice

And tidy without any hard effort.

Having said that, for the huge price difference, between 'trust and

This system', it is expected that the system have some imperfections.

It took me just on 3 hrs to install and that was done at home with the

Car up on axel stands and using my own tools. At a fast pace and with

Another person u can do it under half time."

Buyer regarding mild steel exhaust system for a 200sx by the same seller and manufacturer:

“I just bought a full system from him, including mild steel front pipe and cat-back, and stainless steel muffler and hi-flow cat for just $650, (I have ask Australia's Best for exhaust system, they are offering me the same system including installation for $980, which is lot dearer)for this price you shouldnt expect top quality, but for such a bargain system i think its ok. after i installed, everythings fine, gain a bit power, and the brand is xforce, u can check on the website on www.xforce.com.au, i think the muffler is LP02 from xforce catalog.”

I have dealt with X-Force exhausts in the past.

I cannot recommend them enough. They are simply VALUE for money. You get Japanese craftsmanship at Chinese goods prices.

Apparently the exhausts with mufflers that are robotic tig welded (N1 style mufflers) are made at the same factory that HKS source out their exhausts to get made. Surprise surprise HKS dont actually make their exhaust systems. They are subcontracted to a factory that makes them. XForce is run by Malaysians (I think) but the actual products are made in Japan. Note, I dont think the whole XForce line up is made in Japan. However, it is quite obvious which ones are the real deal and which ones are cheap crap.

If you go the the xforce website, the Thunderball mufflers are the ones made in Japan. I wouldnt buy an oval muffler.... basically the mufflers that show the robotic tig welds are a safe bet, whereas the mufflers that have had the welds linished out are probably not made in Japan (prob china).

As for full exhaust systems, the WRX and 200sx systems are made in Japan. They are as good as HKS exhausts. Mandrel bent (no weld tags inside like with custom jobs). Looking at the Skyline exhaust, that looks like a good buy.

Im also pretty sure that the turbo manifolds and extractors are made int he same Japanese factory.... just look at the photos... simply amazing quality.

Dont hesitate to buy, $970 is a steal. you are basically buying it a fraction above trade price. However, the skyline exhaust might be pretty loud as it uses a hotdog style resonator, whereas the 200sx uses a secondary muffler and has a very quiet/nice exhaust note.

BTW, i dont have any bias as there is no financial incentive for me. I just think they are the best value for money exhaust going around. you will not be disappointed and dont be so anally retentive :Pimp2:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ya’ll,

Well I have finally bid on, paid for, received and installed the exhaust for my R33 GTST skyline.

As I said I would post up to say how it went, first of all I'll answer my questions from the first post.

1) Are they worth the money?

A: Yes, I bought the mild steel version that came with the stainless steel cat and muffler, mild steel front and dump pipe in one and mild steel mid pipe for only $650 plus $50 shipping. I don’t think you will find anything like this cheaper.

2) Are they of good build quality?

A: The build quality is surprisingly good, the muffler is all robot tig welded and is as good as anything you can buy for $300 or more. The cat was hand welded, but done well. The Mid pipe was fine, good quality welds, well cut flanges, good composite mandrel bends. The front / dump pipe was the same although the bell mouth to the turbo flange was welded very close to one of the flange bolts. A few dings with the hammer were required on the bell mouth to get the nut to turn without binding on the pipe, really was not a big deal. Most importantly everything fitted very well, all the flanges were at the correct angles and all the brackets fitted up to the factory supports no problem. All the flanges were accurately cut. I would not say the build quality was as good as big brand names like trust or HKS but this system is just as functional. For the price you can’t beat it.

3) What’s the sound level / quality like

A: As good as anything I have come across before, sounds sweet now, but quite loud. Should still just pass a noise test.

4) Are they easy to fit?

A: Once you have got the old system off it is an hour long job at the most, nothing tricky at all. The biggest problem is removing the old dump pipe. Those bolts were done up so tight I was shi**ing myself that they were going to break. I have been through the process of removing broken stud bolts in a RB30 before and that was a painful process. So I was a happy camper when they all came off in one piece (did require a lot of swearing though). Like I said before everything fitted without a prob.

5) Do they come with all the parts you need,

A: Sort of, the system did not come with new stud bolts or turbo flange gasket, but the stud bolts are east to get (standard 8mm? Nissan) and the gasket is a pressed metal gasket and should not require replacing. All of the rest of the bolts and gaskets were supplied, sweet!

6) Performance wise, how do they go?

A: they are metal pipes, how far wrong can you go? Yes the car goes better, spools up quicker and now I can really tell when it hits the higher boost at 4500rpm, seat of the pants calibration says there was a decent power gain. Everything a 3” exhaust should do.

Summary: Overall I’m happy, can’t beat it for the price. I would like to upgrade to one of those CES split dump pipes one day (cat is in exactly the factory position so not a problem at all) but for another $650 I can wait a while.

I’ll prolly post a tutorial on how to do this if there is not already one there. I took pictures during the process so it is well documented.

Hope this helps someone one day.

• 1 month later...

just a warning ive been waiting a month for my exhaust and it hasnt arrived and the guys been getting alot of bad feedback on ebay just recently and doesnt return emails and is hard to contact on the phone

i wouldnt recomend buying from him at the moment