SAU Community

The Wasteland - ACT Style

krzysiu

I ride to work every day, including when it's raining so i am pretty sure i can ride a bike to a decent standard. I should set up a mock course and do some practice runs just to make sure i can do it, then sit the exam. Either way i think i will try and do it in the next month or two.

yeah full bike License, have had it since I was a wee youngen lol. Do your P's Leech, if you can ride around town comfortable then you will pass.

Well I just paid the final instalment for my new set of wheels being imported from J Land. I am going through Alan @ nextmod (online based Canberra business that actually has decent prices unlike everyone else). So far everything has been going very well, great communication and is able to get answers from his contacts in Japan almost straight away. This is my first dealing with him but if all goes smoothly there will certainly be repeat business based on his prices, range of products and effort/communication. :)

Anyways here is a few pics of the new wheels Limited Edition Gunmetal Grey 18" TE37's :)

Nice wheels,

+1 for Alan at NextMod, i asked about 17 questions between first contact and delivery and he was answering within 30 mins most of the time. Was $199 cheaper with NextMod then places like JustJap or Nengun, definitely planning on shopping with them again.

Talking about bikes, I was blown off today, and I was on the bike!!

Bloody new HSV's with traction control, didn't think she'd go me, left the lights easy found the car 2 lengths infront of me and when I finally get into the good rev range the front just lifts and continues to lift. GF stuts clutching on harder and harder so I throttle off.

Last time I try and keep up with the GF on the back of the bike!

Wait till I'm on the bike myself or have the GTR back, you devilish blonde..

I finally got around to watching spiderman 3 and wow, i didnt think itd be that crap... ive been a fan of spiderman since i was young and Venom was my favourite of the series, and they completely cocked it up. Somebody shouldve told Sam Raimi that Venom doesnt die, and hes 300kg of muscle, not some little whingy bitch. So dissapointing. the story wasnt even canon.

Worst. Movie. Ever.

man i had a fire down below 2 days after a blinder of a night out in civic, only a trip to the chemist and hot shower sorted it out...

wait...

wrong sorta fire :S

We were talking about Battlefield Earth at lunch time today... I looked it up on the net, it's known as the worst movie ever, a movie that made a biggest loss in history. $73m to make, they only profit $21m.... :)

Saw Transformers - very dissapointing. Cool special effects, but just too much to watch. You don't know what's going on once they start to transform.

• 1 month later...

Man, our wasteland thread is dead, no trash, no hype, nuttin.

I was in Fyshwick few nights ago at 11pm (lay off) and saw a VL with a massive polished compressor cover hanging out the bonnet. As it went past, sounded like all of eternity was being sucked into it. Back in the day, I heard people running no wastegate pre turbo, then using one on the intercooler / somewhere else on the inlet track to bleed off non required air to keep a consistent plenum boost level.

Any one seen this car?