SAU Community

The Wasteland - ACT Style

krzysiu

It's not oil because it doesn't do that when I'm on 98. Just unburnt fuel.Only does it when decelerating from WOT. If I ease up normally it doesn't do it. Will check compression just incase something is wrong with the rings.

Sounds like valve stem seals... Should be no difference on 95 and 98 for fuelling...

And trouble shooting no start with crank could be anything.

from a popped IC hose, to a snapped cam, hence CAS not turning.

Has it got fuel in the way of you can spin the crank and the injectors will fire?

Thats interesting...... the fuel thing.

I wonder if it would have something to do with the fuel and the oil on the cylinder wall from the rings.

You know how if its too rich it cleans off the oil lubricating the piston in the cylinder? Thats what ive heard anyway.

Different fuel may have a different viscosity or something.

And you said the plugs were clean?

That would suggest an oil leak after the plugs, or during the exhaust stroke. Like the turbo exhaust side oil seal, or, exhaust valve stem seals.

Anyway maybe you should get someone to confirm its still smoking before pulling it apart.

checked compression and 120,123,125,120,120,120. This was a cold test with a bit of oil squirted inside. Not sure if i can still have compression with a broken cam. Checked the loom for continuity and its good, checked the iginition relays and they have connection. Im really confused why theres no spark.

No spark sux on an injected car.

So many wires, earths and plugs to check.

Youll find it eventually.

Ps: Have you seen those bluetooth ODB plug things?

You can do diagnostic with the i phone now.

Edited by D.I.Y. Mik

Bryce - any chance Ed can drop by after work ? No harm in asking....... (Especially if they resolved the first starting issue). Assuming your still using AutoTech

He should be able to bring pc & plug in consult. As hinted at above, Vipec may be your issue

Either that or $70 to get it taken there.

BTW. Ed's working through Christmas with only the PH's off.

Ahhhh it finally started I just pulled out every fuse,relay and connections and reestablished them. I earthed the coilpack to strut brace and tried it again. Seeing the spark was the most delighting thing. Put everything back in and it started straight away. So it was just a loose connection somewhere.

I did plugin into the vipec as I have the software and it said nothing which was a bit shit. But I guess it wouldn't figure the error out without connection.

Thanks again guys.

When i purchased my car the old owner gave me a set of Z32 Air Flow Metres, i am now thinking of selling them but first i need to find out if they work

Has anybody got a car that runs the Z32 AFM that can test with my AFMs?

Not me, been too many times.

Bored, bored bored.

I think ill run that upper engine cleaner through it today.

Maybe another wash too.

Last time it rained as i finished, pushed it in the shed wet, now its got big dusty watermarks everywhere.