SAU Community

The smack-talk drag day thread

DoughBoy

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me say a big thanQ to Buster for organizing another great day at WSID...

It was a good day for many and not so good for a few. Nice to meet a few new faces from team track come over to the darkside and give it a look.

As most of you know I had major gearbox problems on my first run, so no new PB. ThanX to Paul & Stacy from Dirt Garage for the semi's, as it turns out it was my clutch making them god awful noises and it seemed 4door was right. The noises disappeared by the time I drove home. I could have driven the noise out and returned to the track for another run but I didnt want to risk it.

Congrats to John on the 11.5

Thanks Bufiveter for organising, sam for showing me a few things and ben for looking after me.

My day went

2.310 14.225 not bad first ever attempt

2.251 14.195

2.202 14.114

2.189 14.050

2.162 14.079 left it in "D" as a benchmark (I got the 60' myself though :))

2.175 13.988 YAY

up and down all over the shop some 13.9's and some 14's

then...

2.097 13.885 WHOO HOO!

Had a good fun day and I might even do it again one day :D Maybe one trip to the strip per mod. Sounds like a good idea to me. I got about 35 runs in over the course of the day. Great value for money.

Congrats to the RB20 powered VL which went from 14's to a 12.9 with some cast off slicks and no back seat.

It's quite surreal to be 10 metres from 2 skylines doing massive smokey burnouts but being unable to hear them at all because some lumpy V8 is idling 3 cars behind you in the line.

Is everyone else farking tired? :D

Great day had by just about everyone. Just a couple of quick shout-outs to the merit-worthy:

1/ Buh-five-tah for organising the day - RESTECP!

2/ Evan in the Red VL for SMASHING the WSID record of runs in one day. 48 RUNS down the 1320ft and was taking it EASY!?!?!? 12.9 on his first attempt too! Awesome effort mate - well done!!!

3/ Zoran and Wazza in 'NOMRCY' and 'JG66GT' respectively for racing again and again and again before finally running side-by-side PB's of 10.995 and 11.021 !!!

4/ John for the "easy" 11 second pass! :) Big mph from the Zed (or is it 99% GTR now??)

5/ The WSID officials and staff for not being d1cks and for making the day run smoothly. Would've been nice to have a totally prepared track though.

That's about it - plenty of newbies had a go and loved it, plenty of seasoned racers out there ripping it up. I enjoyed the day and had 18 races (some within 5 minutes of eachother!)

Thanks to all that attended for making it a great day.

Adrian

Yeah, thanks to Brett for organising this and here's hoping the WSID guys give us a little more slack next time ??

Definite newbie as this was first time on the track.

Got in as a birthday present for the missus as she has loved the idea of giving it a go for a long time.

Well...... after a while I said how about you move over and give the old man a go.

We both had a ball today, 24 passes between us without raising a real sweat. Great fun and great value.

We must do it again some time !

Laurie & Genelle

Yes missed that having so much fun Boofta big thanks had big fun. Must do it again at least annual. Make sure you have your beast ready though and we have a run should be close. Make sure you have a better diff than the factory crap near single spinner.

2rismo you wild man you BIG burnouts must show me how and do I need a bottle? Do you have a line locker or do your rear brakes hate you? I am putting one in as my big rears were fitting the engine and the diff and box did not like the load.

By the way don't know if anyone noticed Ben from HPI was there with his camera taking some shots?

muhahah sounds like Adrian was shy on the burnouts again :)

Hopefully everyone had a good day, sounds like most of you got plenty of runs in, very much the opposite of the Wed night things where you get to wait an hour for that 9 seconds or more where you are free :D

John, you better make sure your boat is allowed to run at the Wed night meets, it is meant to be regoed cars only :D

So....now you've all done the gh3y straight line thing....GET TO WAKEFIELD ON MONDAY!

Duncan hahaha spammer

Thanks everyone for making it a great day, it was awesome to see such a great group of people out there racing and having fun

John you amazed me a big congrats on the 11.5 well done mate

Doughy nice work with the 1.7 60ft on drag radials damn shame you missed a gear on that run

Insight with there little Datsun running 9.8 your car is the sh!t

Laurie & Genelle, Dirt Garage boys and girl :D, Abo bob, Morgs, Evan, the boys from Wollongong, Brad, Luke, Ben, Peter, Sam, Supra boys, Matt,Team Westside and anyone else I've forgot (sorry) huge thanks for supporting the day and making it as great as it was, with out you guys it wouldn't have been possible

and last but by no means least the F&E black SR20 180sx running a 10.9 on its first time at the strip RESPECT, actually the whole team from F&E were running amazing times the little starlet and the GTiR of FRISKI's smashing skylines with 12.5's hahaha shweet cars :)

Yes uncle Duncan had the boat tech inspected and have ANDRA licence and ANDRA log book and all legal and confirmed yesterday, no prob for Wednesday nights. Would a trade plate make everyone feel better?

Also Duncan in case you haven't heard you now officially only own one Skyline, and one Datsun nearly forgot.

And for anyone who wants to see the big fat zed boat do the 11.5 second pass right click here, save as (24 MBytes)

I've also go about 750 MBytes worth of runs from the day - Sorry not enough web space to host them all.

/edit - not 500MB 750MB - damn those avi's take up space - lucky I have the 1GB Compact flash :D

Awesome day,

Whee do i start

Brett you are a champ thanks for the opportunity to get me in to drag racing! Thanks for the support Adrian, Rick, R33VIT. Abo Bob thanks for the good racing it was mad!

Started the day with advan semislicks @ 20-25psi (cant remember) and got a 13.9 .. i was stoked. Then i slipped in to the 14's for a while then started getting 13's with a best of 13.6 bfore lunch, at this stage I had 20 runs. At this stage the 60' times were 2.2-2.4

At lunch I put the old 225/650/R18 pirelli slicks which had seen better days but on the first run the launch was amazing. A 13.3 and I knew that a 12 was possible.

I had 48 bloody runs, 48!!! I couldnt beleive it.

I ended up running a 12.987 @ 104mph with 1.8 60', my best 60' was 1.7. I got this time 5 minutes before racing ended and it was great to see everyone cheering, the support by both members and the officials on the day was awesome.

N.B. The officials were ledgends, I wasnt expecting that.

Another highlight was the other VL getting a 10 on their last run, congrats.

Hows about that 180 getting a 10.. woo!!

Anyway I had an awesome day and at $3.125 a run I think I got my moneys worth.

Thanks again,

Evan

P.S. I hope everything is good with your car Rick, you didnt deserve that shit to happen.

2rismo you wild man you BIG burnouts must show me how and do I need a bottle?

B-Man should have plenty of footage for you to annalize, John :) Bottle's in burnouts are a big no-no! But to answer your question, yes you need one :D Everyone needs one!

Adrian

Guest two.06l
And for anyone who wants to see the big fat zed boat do the 11.5 second pass right click here, save as (24 MBytes)

I've also go about 500 MBytes worth of runs from the day - Sorry not enough web space to host them all.

Love the commentary on the end of the run B-man.Pure gold!

Paul DIRTgarage

w00t!!! three cheers for brett!!!! :D Thanks for organising the great day big bro!!!! :( It was all very well planning, and very smootly run!!! :)

Friski kept chopping my down the straight!!! go mike! and his 12.5!!!!!! the only time i did get my 12.9 was when he wasn't around to intimidate me!!! :D hehe.. i should have tried that technique earlier!!! lol!