SAU Community

Waiting For A Car? - The State Of Importing Cars From Japan ATM

RBN1

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay drove my car for the first time today.

It came in thru motorworld. Seems to be a nice

clean stock original car with only very minor

imperfections. Off the the Gold Coast for compliance,

the final stage.

I was also stocked when I found all the original Nissan

service manuals sitting on the drivers seat with log

book service history, and manuals on the cd player

and satellite navigation - not that I can read them :)

Genuine 80k it seems! Which is believable given 7 year old

car and Jap average km is 10k...

Hey thanks i didnt spot that and ive been looking at the car everyday

Lets hope thats al i need !

mate you are a brave man to buy a 15 year old car that is photographed sitting in 1 foot deep snow. also 1.2 million yen is madness. even 6 months ago when everyone was fighting over 15yo GTR's you would have to look very hard to find a car over 1 million. but unfortunately

aside from that the car looks 'ok' from the pics. fingers crossed for you mate. just be prepared for rust that way you'll be pleasantly surprised if it has none :(

Just got emailed that my 32 GTR will arrive on the 11th April (KLine vessel "Century Highway). Thats some 10 days away!!  

Heres my beast

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/au/st...sp?StockID=2839

:headspin:

Rust comes down to how long it's been sitting in the snow/salt and care of the previous owner. I'm sure the few months in the holding yard shouldn't be to harsh on the body work and undercarrige. Looks like a really neat GT-R. Hope all goes well for you mate.

:(

Hi Guys,

I am so hanging for my car, my car apparently landed in Brisy on the Kiwi Breeze last month on the 23rd. Seaway was saying that it was going to be getting transported down on a stacker last thursday but its still in Quarantene as we speak. Whats the deal?? Its been on the docs for over 2 weeks now!!! Is this normal?? I mean whats normal! and she keeps telling me 2 days 3 days but its taking so long! Ive been really patient since December 04 after buying the car. Does anyone know how long it takes for the transporter to get to Syd and what hours they deliver? I mean I don't want it being dropped of at a closed compliance workshop at 10pm.

Sadly, i didnt consider rust. i definently rushed too much after the changes to the 15 year rule were announced, i did not want to miss out on the car i've had my heart on for a long time. I started to realise this could be a big mistake a few weeks ago and should have got some undercar shots.

So now its fingers crossed, not long till i find out.

Hi Guys,

I am so hanging for my car, my car apparently landed in Brisy on the Kiwi Breeze last month on the 23rd. Seaway was saying that it was going to be getting transported down on a stacker last thursday but its still in Quarantene as we speak. Whats the deal?? Its been on the docs for over 2 weeks now!!! Is this normal?? I mean whats normal! and she keeps telling me 2 days 3 days but its taking so long! Ive been really patient since December 04 after buying the car. Does anyone know how long it  takes for the transporter to get to Syd and what hours they deliver? I mean I don't want it being dropped of at a closed compliance workshop at 10pm.

let me guess, you have been speaking to Tasha @ seaway.

let me guess, you have been speaking to Tasha @ seaway.

Yeah! Howd you know? man!

Here is an update.. She rang me today telling me my car was on the stacker on the way down to Sydney! Sweet!! I was so stoked!! but get this..

She rings me back 1 hour before me driving down to GreenAcre depot to see my baby for the first time and I get a call.. its Seaway and she tell me the transporter has BROKEN DOWN!!!!

Oh my god and that it won't be getting to GreenAcre until Monday sometime.! Sooooo dissapointed!! so all I can picture now is my car on a carier broken down on the side of the road over the whole weekend!

What is going on??? She said there are 9 other cars on the transporter with myne.

Is anyone else's car on this damn truck???

Yeah! Howd you know? man!

Here is an update.. She rang me today telling me my car was on the stacker on the way down to Sydney! Sweet!! I was so stoked!! but get this..

She rings me back 1 hour before me driving down to GreenAcre depot to see my baby for the first time and I get a call.. its Seaway and she tell me the transporter has BROKEN DOWN!!!!  

Oh my god and that it won't be getting to GreenAcre until Monday sometime.! Sooooo dissapointed!! so all I can picture now is my car on a carier broken down on the side of the road over the whole weekend!  

What is going on??? She said there are 9 other cars on the transporter with myne.

Is anyone else's car on this damn truck???

I think she is just a lier dude.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick Query :)

Was told by Geoff at Prestige my car was booked on a ship and should arrive May 10th tbc, and Today recieved my 'Bill of Lading' (With K Line).

Does this mean my Car made the boat....?

Due to Golden Week in Japan I can not contact anyone atm.

Can you recieve a Bill of Lading woithout your car being on a boat...?

If it did get on thats bloody quick I bought the car on March 31st! :(

Maybe things are improving....or i'm just lucky!..?

After a bit of investigation it looks promising, my Bill of lading is Stamped on the 27/04/2005, and mentions the vessel as 'Atlantic Highway'....a quick look on Klines website reveals the following info:

Vessel: Atlantic Highway

Voyage: 0019

Port Name Direction Arrival Departure

YOKOHAMA S 26/04/2005 26/04/2005

NAGOYA S 28/04/2005 28/04/2005

NAKANOSEKI S 30/04/2005 30/04/2005

FREMANTLE N 10/05/2005 10/05/2005

DARWIN N 17/05/2005 17/05/2005

Sounds great PSI-GTSII, Yes your car did make the boat. Well done. I got my car on the March boat that came into Fremantle, and went through it all getting it on the road and all. Drop me a PM if you’re interested in recommendations and advice. You will be going through ALOT with what, a group of us who had our cars come in on the last boat, went through.