SAU Community

Hills Motorsports

JimX

I'm getting my S-AFC tuned at Hills next week, for $140. I had also rung up Croydon, and they wanted $300! :eek1: Does anyone know why Croydon costs so much more? Since this is only an S-AFC I'm more concerned with cost than end results, but Hills have a good reputation and they use a dyno so I can't see why Croydon costs over double. Can someone explain why?

If Croydon genuinely is better (eg they can get me an extra 10kw) then I might go with them when I can afford my Power FC. But if there is no difference other than price I may as well stick to Hills.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't tell you if there would be a difference between to two places. Croydon charge the way they do coz they are good at what they do and know it.

They have lots of customers so can set any price they like and there are still heaps of customers.

It's not right but thats how things work.

JimX,

Tell Mark that you know me (Christian) and he should look after you. He does fantastic work and I recommend Hills to everybody, they are the only guys who touch my cars (and I am going to start taking my GF's Mirage up there too).

you can't go wrong mate!

Christian

Thanks for the info guys ;)

I'm kind of thinking that it's a roll-on effect with Croydon. They charge a lot and everyone is happy with them, so that makes more people go there because they think they must be the absolute best because they charge so much, etc. I'm not doubting the quality of Croydon, but it's hard to understand how they can be *twice* as good, even when compared to a workshop with a good rep like Hills.

But anyway, I'll see how I go with Hills, should be pretty good. It's kinda funny that I'm going there, because through no reason other than pure coincidence I also bought my cold air box from UAS, and gotten my motorcycle repaired at Castle Hill Motorcycles, all 3 of which are at 2A Victoria Ave! My one stop motoring shop :D

Im down for hills...

I started off at CAS, and after being ****ed around hard, went over to hill, never looked back :)

Mark and the guys there have never done the slightest thing wrong with my car, and always manged to fit me in, in an emergency, couldn't speak any higher of them...

Out of interest can someone tell me why Hills Motorsports aren't in the White Pages? Not on the website anyway (I don't have a phone book handy). Someone told me about them and I couldn't find the phone number so I thought they must have gotten the name wrong or something. But since then I found websites with links and stuff and got their phone number that way.

Although if I had been looking carefully enough I could have gotten it from Prank's sig :)

Well, since I had to book my car in almost 2 weeks ahead, I guess they have all the work they need and don't need to be in the white pages. L33t mechanic!

I find it funny that UAS referred me to Silverwater Automotive instead of Hills. Must have some direct competition going on there or something.

Originally posted by JimX

I find it funny that UAS referred me to Silverwater Automotive instead of Hills. Must have some direct competition going on there or something. [/b]

Thats the funniest shit i have heard all week :lol:

I get hills to do all my mechanical work..

Originally posted by JimX

Well, since I had to book my car in almost 2 weeks ahead, I guess they have all the work they need and don't need to be in the white pages. L33t mechanic!

I find it funny that UAS referred me to Silverwater Automotive instead of Hills. Must have some direct competition going on there or something.

The guy who runs hills, didn't he used to be the head mechanic @ UAS?

2 weeks is good - Took me 6 weeks before I could get mone in for mods.. (had to order stuff in tho) Should ber worth the wait !!

PS Mark doesn't need to put his number in the white pages.

Originally posted by jtir

The guy who runs hills, didn't he used to be the head mechanic @ UAS?

NFI. That could be the reason why they didn't refer me to them though, if they parted on sour terms.