SAU Community

Who will be competeing Banzai battle this sunday?

Count Grantleyish

i did have a thread somewhere but its disappeared with all the other forums :P

yeah i'll be there in CEF-ZLA

Goj is going of course...

few others.. everyone else is going to the SAU BBQ... if u check the thread below it has a few small vids of a killa R33 that will be there too

im dissapointed... i had a surprise planned... i was going to dress it up in full D1 style with full car vynils and decals :) monkeymagic style like the URAS cars cause thats who the kit was... BUT my aunty couldnt get them done in time :( too much work on for her at the moment.

shame... would have looked awesome

this style but in white and chrome....

hs4a_dscf62900018.jpg

well for those that didnt come u missed out on a great day at the track...

heres a couple of vids of CEF-ZLA going around the track at the hand of NZD1 driver Jarius during the first heats to get into the top 16... bloody awesome effort considering this was the only time he had ever been in my car

right click and save as - this is Jairus's second pass... first time he was even in the car so he didnt exactly have much time to prac in it to get used to it.

right click and save as - 3rd pass... mmmmmmmm

i dont have enough webspace for high quality... nah just him... he was doing some filming for something... cant remember what... he was robbed of a higher placing if u ask me... he was far better than the qlder in the onevia

i dont have enough webspace for high quality... nah just him... he was doing some filming for something... cant remember what... he was robbed of a higher placing if u ask me... he was far better than the qlder in the onevia

Yeah he was doing some fulming for TV Un Zud 4.

It was a killer, after the first run he had with the Onevia it was one "win" each so we re-ran it. Then when he was following the Onevia he did a big fast entry into the last corner at about double the speed of the front car so if he hadn't stop drifting he would have hit the car in front. So unfortunately he lost becasue of that.

But he was one of the three fastest guys on the day with his entry speed. Also he was one of the nicest guys you will meet. Anyway, apart from burnt little patches where I missed with sunscreen on my arms it was good.

Also two drivers were unhappy about decisions, so we will have to find out exactly what happened.

yeah but from what i was told in breifing the onevia should have been imitating him but instead went in a lot hotter cause he wasnt doing that last corner in one motion... so technically he caused that clash himself... but none the less he was damn good (the guy in the onevia) and yeah hes a top bloke Jairus... got a long real well.

he gave me card to keep in touch... im going to check the D1NZ schedule for 2005 and try and head back for a round.