SAU Community

Top RB20 Club... do you have over 260rwkw?

hi i own a r32 gtst rb20 so far i have a turbo back exhaust i think it's a hks super dragger, pod filter and front mount intercooler planning on upgrading the turbo and fitting a boost controller can anyone tel me if this is enough to break the 200rwkw mark pm or email thanks, i would like to be part of this rb20 club,

email: [email protected]

hi i own a r32 gtst rb20 so far i have a turbo back exhaust i think it's a hks super dragger, pod filter and front mount intercooler planning on upgrading the turbo and fitting a boost controller can anyone tel me if this is enough to break the 200rwkw mark pm or email thanks, i would like to be part of this rb20 club,

Depends what sort of turbo you plan on upgrading it to? If its something fairly big you might need injectors as well in which case an aftermarket computer/piggy back would be highly recommended.

haha, gotta make 260rwkw to be in this ilustrious club :P.

200rwkw from what ive read a hks gt2530 or a highflowed rb25 turbo should do the trick, consider upgrading the injectors and a good retune.

carl h

have you ever placed rb26dett cams into the rb20det with solid lifters??

I'm attempting this on mine. Something not quite sure on the fitment.

I have a post up for this on the forum if you have som clues :P

Turbine

www.horsepowerinabox.com.au usually have decent priced garret turbo's

never bought from them though so can't say anything on customer service etc

i need a gt30r! haha

anyone ever heard of someone rom tuning a redtop rb20det in australia?

www.horsepowerinabox.com.au usually have decent priced garret turbo's

never bought from them though so can't say anything on customer service etc

i need a gt30r! haha

anyone ever heard of someone rom tuning a redtop rb20det in australia?

Ive got some stuff off Morrie before and he is very helpful, parts were express posted and came the next day. I would highly recomend him to anyone.

Carl h.Can you tell me where you purchased your turbo from and how much did you pay. (gt30r)

cheers

hey there.

i think i paid about 1.1k$ usd, it was quite dear but so far its potential has been well worth the exta bit of coin.

i mean come on if i was making 387whp on 17psi on a low compression motor then its most certianly a testimate to how efficent that turbo really is, i simply cannot wait till i get the motor back together to see what she can really do.

i got mine from www.cheapturbo.com, talk to ken as he knows quite a bit about turbos and what not.

Hi Russel, hows the work on your car going?

Well to tell you the truth.......... very slow at the moment :P

I have half the parts i need, some are lost in the post and im waiting for more to be sent :P and my turbo has been queued for inspection and weighing at a transport company :) (now wish i ordered all the stuff through Morrie). I ordered all the stuff 2 weeks ago and had my mate organised to tig all the stainless pipework together this weekend.

I decided to just run a 3" pipe off the turbo (GT3071R) for now with a 2" wastegate pipe plummed in just before the cat to keep costs down a bit, would have liked a new 4" stainless exhaust but cant afford to do it at the moment and dont really think ill need it and can always do it later.

I will need to make 2 new intercooler pipes and a new air filter pipe for this turbo and i can tell you the stainless bends all add up, especially the 4" ones, this will be done next weekend if my stuff turns up.

Apart from that im going to try and neaten up the engine bay a bit, move a few relays and put in another one to control the thermo fans through the computer.

Some stuff is still undecided like where the new catch can is going and where a few hoses will be run.

I still need to get some heat wrap for the manifold and dump pipe and a turbo blanket for now, the plan is to get it all ceramic coated as well once im happy with the setup.

I would like to have it back on the dyno very soon but i think it will still be about 4-5 weeks away.

And who is gonna tune the wolf for me..............? Well i guess ill stert speaking to some people when the time gets a bit closer.

Anyway thats where its at for now, ill take some pics as the work gets done and post them up for whoever is interested and hope to make some half decent numbers soon :P

Troy, i say go the SR. lighter. plus less weight right up the front (cause it's shorter). souds like crap, but who cares. people wont laugh as you drive round the outside of them at turn 1 EC...haha

but i know you will never do it. you have been beating the RB20 drum for too long mate, no way to back out gracefully now my friend! lol

Troy and RB20 stuck for life....

Troy, i say go the SR. lighter. plus less weight right up the front (cause it's shorter). souds like crap, but who cares. people wont laugh as you drive round the outside of them at turn 1 EC...haha

but i know you will never do it. you have been beating the RB20 drum for too long mate, no way to back out gracefully now my friend! lol

Troy and RB20 stuck for life....

lol..i got an email from my boss, he is a member of some yahoo email/motorsport mailing list...89 GTS which had a seized engine...im guessing no oil and ppl at the docks giving it some stick. It was goign cheap, me gots to thinking track car...and SR amy make easier/better power. But from what i have been reading its just propoganda and the price of the RB gear isnt that more expensive.

LOl, then i remembered that i already have a GTST that is quick enough to be fun...and im not Kerry Packer so have to make do with what i got. :)

quick question can anyone reccomend a cam. The car will be hopefully make atleast 300kw ATW. Ive been looking at the tomei poncams, ive seen 2 options 256/8.5 or 260/8.5. I read in another forum that cam gears werent needed with these though that was with an rb25. Some help please.

cheers

cams are secret weapons, lol. cant give my specs sorry

Secret specs? LOL, hope you have spoken to your engine guy and sussed out the lifter aspect of the engine. Right now im struggling to work out how to make an engine reliably make power up top without fallign over because of the lifters pumping up :(