SAU Community

Mercury Motorsport

R33Steve

So who here has had experience with them?

My car is booked in for dyno tuning next week and wanting to know if anyone has used them before, good/bad experiences.

So far very happy with the excellent level of service. I sent them an email yesterday morning and instead of one of those $hitty replies that you usually get from mechanics and such, Trent called me and took the time to speak to me for about 10 mins.

So anyone?

Cheers,

Steve

:P

So who here has had experience with them?

My car is booked in for dyno tuning next week and wanting to know if anyone has used them before, good/bad experiences.

So far very happy with the excellent level of service. I sent them an email yesterday morning and instead of one of those $hitty replies that you usually get from mechanics and such, Trent called me and took the time to speak to me for about 10 mins.

So anyone?

Cheers,

Steve

:D

my car was there last week to get the PFC fitted and a few other minor things addressed, was happy with the results and service.

have since sent a email with a few questions about the PFC and Trent actually rang me back to discuss it. Happy with the service and happy with the results

Also saved 10% by being a member of SAU :rofl:

Regards,

Garry

Guest Variable

Mercury Motorsport are one of the sponsors of Skylines Australia (QLD). As Garry stated above, club members receive 10% discount on products and services through Mercury and several other suppliers in South East QLD. Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Will let you all know how it goes next week. Hoping to end up getting more than ~250kms per tank and crack 200rwkw.  

Cheers,

Steve

I was struggling to get 250 a tank before the PFC went in :D

power went up from 171rwkW to 192rwkW and first tank was over 350km :rofl:

and that was even plenty of 'fun' driving (it's amazing the difference 21kW can make to a torque curve)

i had my fmic fitted there and then car dynoed as well...could not fault the quality of work and was very happy with the service. I work just down the road from there at another car dealership so it is very convenient where they are and they are a bunch of great blokes...trent and his staff. Would recommend to all.

Jason

I think they charge about 140/hr for tuning. SAU QLD members (paid) get a 10% discount so roughly 126/hr. Trent says that they should be able to fully retune mine in approx 3 and a half hours.

Dont know what they would charge for just a dyno run, if you mean you just want to get a horsepower figure?

Steve

You need some sort of aftermarket ecu either a full stand alone or a piggy back system. Piggy backs allow you to usually play with a/f ratios, ignition etc whereas stand alone allows you to change everything and anything and also usually have auxillary outputs to add things like intercooler spray or NOS.

Steve

Let us know how it goes steve cause im keen on getting a bit more poke and a bit better fuel saving....

Going from the old 31 i thought it was good at 350km per 63 litres with "major mods" to a almost standard r33 and getting 350km from roughlly the same fuel....

Suer Col. I get the car back this afternoon and Trent seems to think that i may get around 400kms/tank. Are you using the standard ecu? If so they tend to run rich. With my standard one i was getting about 300-350kms so your sounds about right to me. Ill post results later today with a/f ratio and rwhp. Hopefully get a dyno printout from them?

Steve