SAU Community

Where to get 100,000km service??

nmcmahon83

I wouldn't take it to TM, a few friends of mine have taken it to TM and each have come back with more problems.

The recent was they didn't do up the rocker cover and oil was spurting everywhere and a pool had formed in the Spark Plug area.

I would possibly try Hornsby Nissan, they service Imports.

Post how you go cause I need one too.

cheers.

Get some time off,,, have a nice drive down to Sydney and get Powerplay to do the job. I work in the Industry and loved their work. You might pay more than some other places but you won't be dis-appointed.

Neil.

took my ceffy down to Bel Garage in strathfield (bit of a drive for you tho) and they did the whole thing for $650 with a full fluid pump out, clean and refill, for things like diff oil, gearbox oil etc. Replaced the engine fan as it had a small crack, replaced water pump, changed the bushings that were worn, replaced all the belts, changed the sparks n checked the coils, did the full diagnostics using the nissan unit and then fixed anythign problematic that it showed.

Not bad service as well... he was quite amused to see a SAU-VIC car in NSW gettin a service tho.

Here is the full list that UAS does.

# Systems Check, reset memory, check all sensors and check for any fault codes.

# Systems cleaner, (pressurized can with long bendy hose inserted in various locations to clean carbon

build up in plenum chamber and tops of valves and ports as well as PCV and throttle body (s)

# Online injection clean.

# New Iridium Spark Plugs.

# Compression test.

# Water Pump.

# Thermostat

# Cam belt

# Drive belts.

# Oil Filter

# Fuel Filter

# Check cam and crank seals for leaks usually OK

# Check cam belt pullies.

# Check electrics, exhaust, suspension. Coolant hoses.

# Gear oil 75w- 90 or if auto trans service extra $100.

# Engine, gearbox and power steering get Uniglide treatment.

# Clutch and brake fluid flushed and bleed.

# Radiator and engine flush.

# Clean and treat battery terminals.

# Clean terminals to injector plugs, ignition coils.

# Spray lubricant on throttle linkages and other.

# Check and adjust water sprayers and additive used

# Lubricate door hinges and strikers, bonnet latch, boot hinges, aerial mast.

# Check and tighten sub frame and suspension and cross member bolts etc.

# Tyre pressures checked and corrected.

# Air filter replaced or if performance filters cleaned and re oiled.

Of that the only things i'd "professionally" need done (or havent been done within the last 10,000km/6mths are:

# Systems Check, reset memory, check all sensors and check for any fault codes.

# Systems cleaner, (pressurized can with long bendy hose inserted in various locations to clean carbon

build up in plenum chamber and tops of valves and ports as well as PCV and throttle body (s)

# Online injection clean.

# Compression test.

# Water Pump.

# Thermostat

# Drive belts.

# Check and tighten sub frame and suspension and cross member bolts etc.

So that's 26 jobs down to 8 (unless you've never had a mechanic touch your car over the past 6-12mths in it's 10yr life which is highly doubtful) of which half are just 'checks' and the other half are straight forward work or 'if required' jobs.

Maybe you should take a closer look (or ring around and find out exactly what they do) then work out what you can do yourself and whatelse actually 'needs' to be done. Then re-ring places and get a quote on just those jobs and I believe the price would atleast halve (or atleast your local john smith mechanic could do).

Just my 1/2 cents worth, Does anyone know if POWERPLAY or UNIQUE AUTOSPORTS is better ? Not many d1ckheads u can trust with an import nowadays.

I haven't had much done at UAS so I can't comment.

But Alastair over at Powerplay does an good and thorough job :( they did my 100000klm service a while back.

BTW I'm not sure but I suspect they will need your car for a full day to to the 100000klm service so Saturday may not be possible?