SAU Community

Greddy T88-H 34D

they are not ball bearing. they are f$#king big. they will not come onto boost until quite late in the rev range (unless you have a 3 litre RB26 for example). but when the do hit boost it'll be one hell of a ride... for the A/R and wheel sizes type T88-H 34D into google.

Yeah my car is a 5.7 litre stroker i posted it here cause you guys know more about turbos than commodore people. So should i see boost around 3500rpm it is a heavily worked engine makes 315hp at the wheels as it is

Im also lookin at another garret turbo it has a 0.76 front and a 1.08 rear it doesnt have a model number would this be similar to the T88 i dont really kow that muchabout the numbers and stuff

lol...that would be a rb30 then..not a 3 lt rb26....:headspin:

the reason I said "3 litre RB26" is so people understand that I'm talking about a GTR engine, modified to 3 litre capacity, not a RB30 commodore motor which has crap heads....

Heavily worked?

Forgive me if I am wrong but dont the 5.7litre comordores have about 300rwhp as standard?

The fact that he's said 5.7litre stroker leads me to believe he's talking about an older 5 litre holden V8 (ie. not a 5.7 LS1) that has been stroked to make it 5.7.

To answer the actual question, I really don't know that a T88 would suit your application. What's the max rev limit? how much power do you want from it? I reckon you might be better off with a set of twins. a nice little T28 of some kind per bank would be good. Maybe even a twin HKS GTRS set-up... It will give you a chance to beat some GTRs.... (in a straight line anyway...) ;)

Fitting the twins together in the engine bay is going to be real hard as it is a small engine bay. Could you recomend another single turbo to use.

Yeah it is an older 308 stroked to 355 and yes it is heavily worked everything is forged blueprinted balanced best of everything you can by for that motor the only reason it makes not much power is because it runs low compression and a small cam to prepare for forced induction

Ohh, more details:) As a joke i looked at what it would cost to build a stroked 304/355 engien with alloy efi heads, twin throttle inlet with some nice internals...the price scared me when you consider you can get a Nascar crate engine for 15k with good hp:)

Id be inclined to go with a big centrifugal blower, especially if the engine bay is tight. You can stick with some nice pipes, much lower engine bay temps, can still run intercooler, and the Vortex blowers work wonders:)

If it must be turbo then id say stick with singles set forward in the engine bay, the only way you will get a big single in there is with it mounted really low in which case the oil return, manifolding will still be a nightmare, or say goodbye to a bonnet and mount it high and proud, perhaps throw a hornet scoop over it:)

But small singles, they will also work better with more crude log manifolds:)

in my opinion a supercharger is a better option on such a big engine, the reason for this is to make instant power you need lots of torque downlow, and a t88 doesnt make much torque below 5 grand, for this reason alone, id go with a supercharger, as roy stated a good centrifugal supercharger should provide a good torque band between 2 grand and onwards, but whatever you choose good luck

You'd be better off getting a ball or plain bearing Garrett turbo, the lack of exhaust housings sizes in the Trust range limit their applications. You might find you need an exhaust housing larger than what they offer, and both 1) buying a larger housing and 2) having one available are two big reasons why I'd skip out on the Trust unit.

Don't get me wrong, great turbos that make great power.... but they are aimed at engines with alot lower capacity than that.

in my opinion a supercharger is a better option on such a big engine, the reason for this is to make instant power you need lots of torque downlow, ..id go with a supercharger, as roy stated a good centrifugal supercharger should provide a good torque band between 2 grand  and onwards, but whatever you choose good luck

centrifugal blowers are similar to that of turbos... as they are not "instant power" as they spool kinda like a turbo.

daredevil,

I think the turbo idea is a good one. The blowers of any kind are not a patch on a good turbo setup.

1,000hp is more than the 308 is going to live with for vey long at all. I'd be aiming at a turbo to deliver around 600 engine hp. This way your going to be able to get excellent response with very minimal lag.

As others have mentioned stick with the garret turbo's, more options to get the right fit.

just agreeing with R31Nismoid, i think a vs trim Vortech blower would be the best option for you from CAPA Australia. They work very similar to turbo's and they are very small package for easy installation. You also wont have as much heat within a confined engine bay....but they are expensive