SAU Community

Race day

PJKJ

i've been keeping my eye on this event for a while now. Both the old boy and i r keen. not cheap though, $45 for 7 laps then $35 for the next 7. last time i was out there it was $25 for the 1st 7, $14 for the next and the 3rd was free.

Less of the old boy stuff you young twirp, just remember..on the 30th Nov you'll be squirming around on your knees pleading to borrow a set of my good wheels and tyres.

Oh... by the way.......will you be driving the Skyline....or the Lanos??

PJKJ We will both be there it should be a good day. This will be the first time on the full circuit.

Considering all the claimed 200 to 300 rwkw Skylines that are floating around SE Queensland it surprises me that so few show up to these events.

Question.... Could a 200 to 300rwkw Skyline that never makes it to the dragstrip or racetrack be considered........Rice?? :burnout:

51jay and Mick51

I will probably be there, but just to watch....I want to do more mods to my car b4 i go into events like that the car is fairly standard at this point :-(

... But my mate is entering his TT soarer.. I also wouldnt mind going to get an idea on what ways ppl have gone with modding there skylines..

Hope to catch you all out there

Cheers

Richmond

my car is basicly standard except fot the suspention but i guess that makes a huge difference on the race track.

the standard skyline suspention is still pretty good though, u should do a couple of laps PJKJ. How much can u know about ya car and your abilities as a driver untill you've race at full pace around a profestional race track?

we'll be leaving pretty early MRE, i think the gates open at 7:30 so we'll aim to get round 8 at the latest.

If i get time i'm gonna give the organiser a call 2morrow to see what the go is, i'll post any news

MRE Heh Dave, Gates open 7am racing starts 8.30am I want to be there at 7 we leave my place at 6am 6.15 latest. If you want to join us fine ,get here about 5,30 or so quick cup of tea final check of gear then off. We won't have a spare helmet and you may need leather gloves too. See you Sun .......well done on the low 14's :D

The event is being organised by a guy called Paul, he can be contacted on 3341 5636 after 7pm tonight. there is no pre booking required, u just turn up and race :burnout:

so far it looks like we'll have 4 SAU guys there which is awesome!:P

hmm, didn't need em last time but they didn't ask for em either. u can pick em up for bout $100 anyway, head to toe clothing is also requiered preferably wool or cotton. anything synthetic is just gonna melt onto u if something catches fire.:eek:

my intercooler is almost on and it looks like i'm going to have to fit a pod filter as my factory one won't fit anymore :D

hopefully i can dodge the cops long enough to get a cold box happening and seal the pod up.

thinking of putting in a 4 point harness aswell, my dad found a place thats selling em cheap along with bucket racing seats. the standard 3 point belt just dosn't hold u in the twisty bits and i really noticed it last time. hard to steer when ya using the steering wheel to keep ya in ya seat.