SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

Hey mate, top work on the FAQ!

just a note, I think the injector info is abit messed up and could be confusing?

To work out new INJECTOR correction and latency;

Old SIZE / New Size = Correction

Old Latency - New Latency = Latency Correction

John plans to install 600cc injectors into his RB26 VL Turbo. The following figure's are used;

444 / 600 = 0.74 * 100 = 74.0%

0.81 - 0.77 = +0.04 msec

"Old Latency - New Latency = Latency Correction" shouldn't it read "New Latency - Old Latency = Latency Correction" ?

i just purchased a powerfc with a map for a car with similar mods on it, should i reset it and start from scratch with tuning or run it as is and tune from there? any help appreciated

I would say reset

surely its better for the tuner to start from something similar... if i plug the new ecu in and turn car on would it be the same as it was in the other car, eg. just to check if its working or not

what are the mods?

Noob here and stumbled across this thread on google.com.

Great thread! I've previously installed my PFC before and had hesitition during idle and normal cruising, after reading that PFC FAQ I'm assuming it's "hunting" cause I didn't install it right. After reading on how to install it, I have a really noob question. What is aircon and demister? I'm assuming aircon = airconditioner and demister = defroster? I'm totally guessing here, please advise.

• 3 weeks later...
Noob here and stumbled across this thread on google.com.

Great thread! I've previously installed my PFC before and had hesitition during idle and normal cruising, after reading that PFC FAQ I'm assuming it's "hunting" cause I didn't install it right. After reading on how to install it, I have a really noob question. What is aircon and demister? I'm assuming aircon = airconditioner and demister = defroster? I'm totally guessing here, please advise.

hello i have a 95 nissan 240sx S14 the US version of the S14 silvia and i have recently installed a R34 NEO engine in it and i am running it witha power FC . i have since got it up and running and i am now in the tuning stages but i have unfortuantely stumled across another hurdle. in the snesor check function i have a highlighted sensor which i believe is for the traction control system. its labeld as THRM and its reading 5.11 volts...i nologer am running the factory intake plenum nor the factory throttel body i have installed a greddy plenum and a Q45 throttle body...if this is for the traction control system is there a way i can fool the Power FC to make the sensor light go away so i can finish tuning it and get it running the way i like it...please help me out guys...i am keeping my fingers crosses on this one...

thanks in advance

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Paul or anyone, can you help me??

I'm running out of flow on the Q45afm (5v maxed)at 18psi. Is it possible to actually wire in 2 AFM to the Power FC say in parallel or would i need to get a rb26 power fc instead??

Oh btw, have rb25 fc running RB30det.

Cheers

Robb

Paul or anyone, can you help me??

I'm running out of flow on the Q45afm (5v maxed)at 18psi. Is it possible to actually wire in 2 AFM to the Power FC say in parallel or would i need to get a rb26 power fc instead??

Oh btw, have rb25 fc running RB30det.

Cheers

Robb

Hi robb,

This is probably the 3rd GT3540 & Q45 combination I have seen that has the AFM maxing out really early.

I am unable to offer much to help the situation. The only thing I can think of is the batch of Q45 most people are getting is the wrong version/model or has different firmware etc.

To run twin afms on the single RB25 PFC you will need to either use the new SAFC II which has AFM duplexing support (twin into single signal) or use the Rb26 PFC.

Using the Rb26 PFC requires a few changes and youll loose the factory VCT. If you have aftermarket exhaust cam gear then its not an issue as that negates it anyway.

hello i have a 95 nissan 240sx S14 the US version of the S14 silvia and i have recently installed a R34 NEO engine in it and i am running it witha power FC . i have since got it up and running and i am now in the tuning stages but i have unfortuantely stumled across another hurdle. in the snesor check function i have a highlighted sensor which i believe is for the traction control system. its labeld as THRM and its reading 5.11 volts...i nologer am running the factory intake plenum nor the factory throttel body i have installed a greddy plenum and a Q45 throttle body...if this is for the traction control system is there a way i can fool the Power FC to make the sensor light go away so i can finish tuning it and get it running the way i like it...please help me out guys...i am keeping my fingers crosses on this one...

thanks in advance

Mark

EGA4IT has a workaround for this issue we have had on our stageas.

Hi robb,

This is probably the 3rd GT3540 & Q45 combination I have seen that has the AFM maxing out really early.

I am unable to offer much to help the situation. The only thing I can think of is the batch of Q45 most people are getting is the wrong version/model or has different firmware etc.

To run twin afms on the single RB25 PFC you will need to either use the new SAFC II which has AFM duplexing support (twin into single signal) or use the Rb26 PFC.

Using the Rb26 PFC requires a few changes and youll loose the factory VCT. If you have aftermarket exhaust cam gear then its not an issue as that negates it anyway.

Ah ok, might look into something like the new safc. Saying that it might be a good idea to do the 26 thing, don't have VCT anyway RB30det and prob won't cost much to change over, only thing is getting it tuned again.

Thaks for that paul, wealth of knowledge, might have to take you up on that 26 offer.

Cheers

Robb

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i've just installed my new PFC and all is okay, haven't got it tuned as yet, but seems to be working fine. My problem is that i don't get any knock reading, on the monitor screen its just got "knock l" and thats it. Doesn't change when idling or driving. I have checked to to see if it is on and by my guess it is. Any help Paul?

go into monitor, then 1 channel and move to knock and press next.

you won't get a number to show, it will be a bar graph. press up, right or down (dont remember without doing it) and it will show you the maximum you have hit on the right of the bar graph.

Hey mate, top work on the FAQ!

just a note, I think the injector info is abit messed up and could be confusing?

"Old Latency - New Latency = Latency Correction" shouldn't it read "New Latency - Old Latency = Latency Correction" ?

Can u please correct this, had me confused for hours

Hi great thread

Would anyone know how to set up the boost control on a gtr with PFC + BC

there are 4 levels and duty cycles on the commander screen

what does it all mean

Any help appreciated

hey ike,

the boost control operation is covered in the FAQ itself, have you checked ?

Hi Paul dont know how I missed that one.

sorry

Cheers

Mike