SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

you will need the corresponding boost kit loom to suit your car powerfc. the r33 gtst use the 3 pin kit, so you will need to buy this seperately. nengun.com has it. you really should reset it to defaults and get it tuned, it could be risky using someone else's tune, not too mention more work fixing the tune rather than starting again

Hey guys,

Great thread!

I have a question.

On the old Nissan ECU, starting the engine was no problem at all. Sounded like 2 cranks and she lit up every time.

With the Power FC after, a full tune by the Hitman and the 30 min warm up idle setting, it takes about 8-10 cranks to start.

It starts every time, don't get me wrong.

Just thought it strange the standard Nissan did it better than the Power FC

Any settings i could be looking at?

Thanks

Birnie

you need to lower the injector latency for cranking under SETTING

he was having issues with warm start. i too experienced this issue and i think cubes did as well at once stage. he and i lowered the latency under CRANKING for warm water temp. this seemed to fix it.

obviously you think differently? how would u fix it?

he was having issues with warm start. i too experienced this issue and i think cubes did as well at once stage. he and i lowered the latency under CRANKING for warm water temp. this seemed to fix it.

obviously you think differently? how would u fix it?

I would change the cranking pulse width vs coolant temp - I think it is what you are refering too. Dont think there is such thing as injector latency for crank vs coolant unless you are privy to APEXI software even then I dont think it would exist as I have never found this within a standard ECU and it doesn't make sense. Injector latency doesn't change w.r.t coolant temp on a scale large enough to account for, even for a 32bit floating point system which it is not. It does however change w.r.t battery voltage just as dwell and other vairables do.

Sorry to sound patronising - just tryin to inform.

Edited by rob82

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys....

I just got the boost controller kit for the apexi and went to install it but came to the solenoid cable and got a little stuck.....

Plugs in fine on the solenoid end but when it comes to the other end dont have much of an idea.. it doesnt fit the original plug and not sure what to do.

Do I have the wrong wire?

here is a pic of the wire.

Oh car is R33 GTST

post-11444-1155982857.jpg

Edited by bygrave316

It's come to my attetion that some people are copying the powerfc faq and using it on their own site/forums. whilst i dont mind you using it, i would prefer a hotlink to my site instead of the text itself. That way when its updated you point to the updated one.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=GTS25TML...r=&filter=0

geez, great faq. i know how hard it is to write one of these! mega well done.

only note, how are you specifying width for your paragraph tables? i'm finding the text goes over the edge of the screen in firefox (19" screen at 1024x768).

Edited by sigsputnik

Hi,

I use a Power FC D-Jetro and have just installed Nismo 600cc injectors. I am now getting black smoke out the rear and the engine is idling a little rough.

Just wondering if I can correct this with a little adjustment in the PFC settings?

Cheers :)

EDIT: ok correction, my car is running like absolute shit. Its shanking all over the place, which means to me that I have rooted the AFR majorly :)

***HELP PLEASE :nuke:

EDIT2: ok, found the 'How do I confingure larger injectors?' section. Will give it a go now (coincidently, std RB26er's to 600ccer's :) ).

EDIT3: No Good! :(, just changed the Injector settings to 74% and +0.04ms, still need help.

if its still pouring out black smoke then its too rich

which would indicate incorrect injector settings

or you are calculating it wrong. have you double checked latency and correction?

or you are calculating it wrong. have you double checked latency and correction?

Under Settings > Injectors, I have all 6 set at 74% (default 100%) and +0.04 (defualt 0.00)

Thats all I have changed, is this right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

fixed spelling errors

changed logo

expanded on supported models list

expanded on australian version "model"

cleaned up the headings

added complete optional parts list

added autospeed ariticle

added line spacing and HR rules

added build your own AVCR boost kit under "How does the AVC-R compare to the PowerFC boost controller kit?"

added installation checklist

added powerfc roadmap for menu options

added changelog shortcut