SAU Community

r34 headlights

I am getting my halogens direct from nissan and then getting them put in for compliance but leaving the Xenons intact

Why no t pull them out yourself , take the balasts and the globes out , make 2 brackets and put halogen globes in .

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty sure they left em on.  

I'll check for sure tommorrow.

The reflective casing has  

xenon writen on it still.  

Xenons have a bluish tinge?

Anyway I'll have a close look.

What else distinguishes them?

Of course they have the xenon writing on them , they can't remove that .

They just change the globes and cut the balasts off so you cant reconvert them .

If you look in front of the lights you can see the halogen globes .

Xenons take a few seconds to light up when you first turn them on .

Mine seemed to come on straight away, 2 red wires going into each, seemed to produce less heat than the inner lights, bulbs looked dif to inner lights with silver caps on the front of them, could see a label with WA91 on it.

Bulbs plugs looked like this CB1255BL.jpg

But could not see if they had blu ends.

None the wiser really.

EDIT: doubt there xenons, can see engravings in the top of the light indicating they'd been changed i guess.

Mine seemed to come on straight away, 2 red wires going into each, seemed to produce less heat than the inner lights, bulbs looked dif to inner lights with silver caps on the front of them, could see a label with WA91 on it.  

Bulbs plugs looked like this CB1255BL.jpg

But could not see if they had blu ends.

None the wiser really.

EDIT: doubt there xenons, can see engravings in the top of the light indicating they'd been changed i guess.

Yes they have silver caps on them , they dont remove them ( they are reflector lights not projector ) .

You can see the base of the globe though if you look in there .

If it looks like the one in the pic its halogen .

You will find they pull the xenon globe out and install a halogen in the fitting , once they do that you cant reconvert cause they damage the fitting .

If you take the light assembly out you will see there is no ballast there either , they cut the wires and take the balast out .

the r34 gtt has a pure white light (xenon but a lower type) like that found in most modern cars, xenons like that seen on the new Subarus (xenon with a blue hue) is only found in the GTRs right?

zymotic, i was just looking at your pics and noticed your GTT came with the GTT badges on it rear end, do you know if thats an extra only found on the sporter models?

I havent seen a subaru with xenon lights in Australia , only in Japan , wich model subaru are you talking about ?

Gtts and gtrs have the same xenon lights , you probably seen them after they have been converted to halogen and they install the blueish globes in them .

yeah right. try $1400 each that's what the quoted me. Im going to get 2 brand new headlights ($1400) and put a aftermarket xenon kit in them($4-500)prob solved

hmm really i got a left hand side for 600 from them when my friends front headlight got a crack. oh well must have been lucky

strange, I got to keep mine

I think I got to keep mine as well. When u turn them one, they sort of charge up (go from low to bright in about 2 seconds). My car was imported in 2003 (does that make a difference) and was privately imported (not through a shop etc). I cant see bulbs just a silver cone thing and yes, the light is bright white.

As for self adjusting, how do they adjust and under what conditions. I have a mate with a 350Z that supposedly has Xenons and they never move.

bummer, had a closer look and i can see that the two white gears on either side are not connected that plus engravings on the top and instant on means i got no xenons no more. I'm not that fused. If I did lots of night driving esp in darker areas i might spend the $ but rather it go towards my zorst. The halogens will do.

zymotic, i was just looking at your pics and noticed your GTT came with the GTT badges on it rear end, do you know if thats an extra only found on the sporter models?

nah just the normal red 25GTt on the bottom right. Must admit overally I am very happy with

the car. Apart from the loose timing belt which Gavin Wood put in a new GTR one (got it before anything else went kaput) its a very good, clean car. Some of the ADR rules are dumb written by people with no common sense, considering other import cars have factory xenons. Grr esp cos they are worth $2k!

Think self cleaning means they must at least have washer jets...

my mate with an s2k with xenons has these jets.

Maybe this is because xenons prob run much hotter than halos so it

could be dangerous if debris left on the lens???

Damn ADR!! i want my xenons!!

Think self cleaning means they must at least have washer jets...

my mate with an s2k with xenons has these jets.

Maybe this is because xenons prob run much hotter than halos so it

could be dangerous if debris left on the lens???  

Damn ADR!! i want my xenons!!

They are much cooler than halogens and use less power but produce a lot more light a bit like fluros do .

Self clean is needed cause they say that when the lens are dirty they are not very effective .

Self ajusting is needed so you dont blind other drivers when your car points high , speed humps or crests .

I have a pair of insert plates someone can borrow.

You remove the HID globes and place these plates in and it lets you put in H1 halogen globes.

You'd need a way to wire it up though.

I have a pair of insert plates someone can borrow.

You remove the HID globes and place these plates in and it lets you put in H1 halogen globes.

You'd need a way to wire it up though.

Its very easy to wire them up , i made a kit for them as well , wire and plates for h1 globes .

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

my lights on my gtt have been converted Bummer! I have been looking for conversion kits like the kaixen one from bos importing. Although mine have been changed from xenon to halogen can i still use the conversion kit to change them back??? Someone on here said the kits are crap why do you say that is there something wrong with them?? does anyone know exactly what the conversion kit does????

any help would be really good thanks