SAU Community

Maserati Club Autumn Track Day - Sandown - 10 April

Ronin 09

A good day, I missed the rain part as I had to be elsewhere but the silver R32 GTR sounded like a JET down the main straight - awesome!

haha - Troy will love you for saying that

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know Ben's time?

I saw a 1.18 as he was on top of the sheets, but he had bad luck on both of his runs. The first one i saw, a Ferrari span and hit the wall, the next run i saw, the heavens opened up. That things sounds like an absolute weapon.

A good day, I missed the rain part as I had to be elsewhere but the silver R32 GTR sounded like a JET down the main straight - awesome!

I luvs you:)

If only you said went like a jet as well i would have given you a case of beer:cheers:

And yeh, its no GTR, stocka RB20:)

I was stoked with how the car went, in the damp at days end i was driivng the car at 120% which, LOL is usually slower but so much damn fun and was doing 1:31s:)

In the only dry session i did a 1:30.062sec on my 3rd lap then cooled the old girl down as it was damn hot early in the day.

Sandown absolutely rocks, i need to know if anoyone can covert the video8 footage from my camera into an mpeg...on the 1:30 lap i hit the curb too hard on the flip flop leading onto the striahgt and tank slapped all over corner entry...like only a tru hillbilly could:thumbsup:

I was up all night watching the footage time and time again, its the first time i have had footage of the car with the new setup and love every minute of it:)

Yes sandown is a nice track, 2 long straights and a few corners inbetween.

I am also looking for someone that have a video decoder card (or whatever it is called) that can convert video footage I have on an old school VHS tape to mpg format so it can be converted to a VCD.

I think the best part of the day was the fact the Troy finally got to learn that on the track the GTR is king. He's experienced it first hand now and so now maybe he can go back to Sydney and tell all those other muppets that they have been wrong all along. LOL.

I think the best part of the day was the fact the Troy finally got to learn that on the track the GTR is king. He's experienced it first hand now and so now maybe he can go back to Sydney and tell all those other muppets that they have been wrong all along. LOL.

:rofl:

Your all weak sauces...i stick by my guns that i can do a 1:27 and with experience can do a 1:25.

Bens car is amazing, forget the grunt for a second, which is mighty impressive...you guys need to hand over some folding stuff and get your cars turning / handling like his....the grip and balance was amazing.

As for GTRs being king, meh...the particular example i went for a drive in "IS KING":)..no question, get your cars handlign like his and ill agree, until then the court jesters car can get within 1sec of the so called kings...whats going on wiht you weak sauces:)

Denham on the video side I have a dvd recorder that my vcr plugs into. Just send me the tape.

Troy if you have the data cable I may be able to do the conversion for you.

Great to hear a good day was had, and Ferraris still crash....

It's ok Troy. I'd be no fun if you had finally seen the light.

We'll still wait for the 1.25. I know the track wasn't ideal but 5s is a big jump. :rofl:

LOL .... :looney:

When is the next Sandown day? 5 seconds is a big leap...but i only had the one dry session, and that practice session with you giving me tips was just rolling around checking out braking/line etc. I would have really struggled in the wet without that one practice and one timed session.

... :bananaman