SAU Community

R34 Eye Lids

Hey guys.. it's good to see u are getting ur eyelids... it's very convenient that ur cars are black or dark colours.. but mine is still YelloW..  

Yes I'm the sucker who lost one of his lids..

Just wondering whether it'd be worth buying the carbon fibre ones..

On a yellow car.  

Cheers

Personally I think it would look wonky with black eye lids (a case of "must have eyelids over good taste").

You could just order them and get them painted... It wouldn't cost that much and no doubt look great :P

Personally I think it would look wonky with black eye lids (a case of "must have eyelids over good taste").

You could just order them and get them painted... It wouldn't cost that much and no doubt look great :)

Yeah man thanks for the thought..

But my real question is.. that you can get the non Carbon fibre ones for less and then get them painted..

Besides.. from extreme weight reduction.. lol..

would you guys reckon it would be worth getting the C/F and painting them.. coz I'm not sure how they would look painted?..

I've still got one eyelid left on my car.. ( it looks like my baby has a gimp now..)

and I'm sure my ones are plastic..

Apparently the guy who I got the car off paid like $500 for the pair 3 years ago from a place in sydney..

so I'm glad they have come down in price.. but am wondering if it's worth getting the C/F ones..

Cheers

Yeah man thanks for the thought..  

But my real question is.. that you can get the non Carbon fibre ones for less and then get them painted..  

Besides.. from extreme weight reduction.. lol..  

would you guys reckon it would be worth getting the C/F and painting them.. coz I'm not sure how they would look painted?..

I've still got one eyelid left on my car.. ( it looks like my baby has a gimp now..)

and I'm sure my ones are plastic..

Apparently the guy who I got the car off paid like $500 for the pair 3 years ago from a place in sydney..

so I'm glad they have come down in price.. but am wondering if it's worth getting the C/F ones..

Cheers

Do not get the CF ones, they will only look like plastic once painted. If you can get the plastic ones for $85 (read previous posts) get those.

On the other hand i would prefer to get the CF ones for $110+P rather than buying from N1 @ $245+P. Almost fell off chair laughing when i saw those prices at N1.

• 1 month later...

I got mine in the mail today!!! from the ebay dude in HK. $85 delivered, fibreglass ones and they're actually white in color! very carefully wrapped in like 3-4 layers of bubble wrap in a box. All I can say is the finish and quality is really good. Now jst need to find someone to respray them to match. if anyone is interested please email him directly. its $85 for fibreglass and $110 for CF ones delivered. The fibreglass ones would probably work out a tad more expensive after painting compared to the CF ones if ur lucky enough to have a black r34 but hey, its much better than the N1 ones...and its the same thing.

[email protected]

Cheers

Jon

They look awesome el-ushn!

I'm contemplating gettign the CF ones for a silver/grey sedan - what do you guys reckon??

On one hand I think they'll maek the front look angry, on the other hand they could stand out too much cos of the black on silver and may look cheap....