SAU Community

Holden Calibra, Good/Bad?

sars

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea man haha that was funny. Can't believe I owned a piece of shit like that. Was glad to see it go. The guy that bought it called me within a few hours saying it wouldn't start LOL.

Cool looking cars, I'll always have a soft spot for them...and my Calibra project is forever ongoing lol. Biggest problem was them being genuinely serviced here by Holden, who knew nothing of Opels. Throw in expensive parts from Europe and you have a car that will require a lot of DIY and patience. Only ever changed a timing belt on mine though...diamond in the rough hey.

Calibras aint that bad. I own a turbo model one it is no where near as powerful as my skyline and it handles like a washing machine in comparision. However i do think they are good value for money if you want a reasonable quick 'luxury' car, and imo I really like the look and shape of the car.

Pic of my Calibra and Skyline attached

post-72452-0-92055000-1302163489_thumb.jpg

post-72452-0-93469400-1302163577_thumb.jpg

I remember you extraction...that Cally used to belong to DJNIK yeah? Looks like you bought Tai's old GTR too :)

Yep :) I remember you too havent been on CC for a while. I always liked following your build thread when updates where made.

I have had two calibras, both had there issues - mainly electrical. I had the 4 cyl 110kw versions and even with light mods was beating SSS pulsars and Integras, so not all that bad bang for buck.

Also got a chance to go in an AWD turbo and was quietly impressed. Only thing is that, for the same cash, you can get alot of jap turbos that are quicker and more reliable, oh and cheaper to fix lol.

• 2 years later...