SAU Community

yellow sticker... *sigh*

mitchy_

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i get yellow stickers, i just take them off and put it in the glove box, if the cops pull me over i quickly chuck it back up. No big deal.

Why not just leave it on until you have it removed ? :confused:

And mitchy, there are so many 'urban myths' about the way stickers are put on.

It's probably all shit ... if you got done for bald tyres just put some fresh ones on, take your car over the pits and see what they say.

The old "give me your name and badge number" call eh. Thats why the sticker is in the middle of the windscreen. Its on the sticker anyway, why piss em off more. So can we make a safe assessment that you were either drving like a goon or had passengers indulging in goon like behaviour?

Stickers are a fact of life with imports and p platers, thank ure stars u didnt get it confiscated.

how about i assume your an idiot?

i was the only one in the car, and was driving in a legal manner. the officer stated he pulled me over simply because they have had problems with import's street racing and causing police chases in that area, guess your assumption was right, huh?

the sticker was put on before i asked for the name and number aswell, i simply asked for thier details as it was blocked by their vests, and it was the second officer i was talking to about wether getting rims for a friends house is considered a 'place of repair' thus his name/number wasn't on the sticker, but i assume you knew that too?

oh and an update for those who aren't ignorant, sticker got extended today... so that gives me a bit more time to get my new tyres... and i didnt give them any cheek either Boostzor, can give you 3 officers names and numbers if you care to check up on that, but then again you assume i was so that must be right.. right?

docile - yeah it was one of the new VZ SV6 highway patrol cars.

turns out the officer that pulled me over.... my dad is his senior officer ;)

and i got the extention because dad has basically pointed out im not part of these street racing/police chases they have had around that area, so they were a bit more generous, but the tyres are getting done tomorrow, so its all good.

how about i assume your an idiot?

i was the only one in the car, and was driving in a legal manner. the officer stated he pulled me over simply because they have had problems with import's street racing and causing police chases in that area, guess your assumption was right, huh?

the sticker was put on before i asked for the name and number aswell, i simply asked for thier details as it was blocked by their vests, and it was the second officer i was talking to about wether getting rims for a friends house is considered a 'place of repair' thus his name/number wasn't on the sticker, but i assume you knew that too?

Why does ure friends house need rims? dont you already have ure friends name and number? ;)

Sorry woke up on wrong side of bed yesterday and figured you were another goon complaining about cops busting him for doing something stupid, have seen it before and will see it again. You did start off saying that your tyres were bald and u wanted some temps to get over the pits, why not buy new tyres? they are the things that hold you on the road after all, pretty important, anyway....

Generally when they put a sticker on sideways its for a reason, maybe you got unlucky.

my mate mike got a yellow and the car was locked up and we were watching from far away. they placed it on the outside of the window and on an angle.. after they left we walked over and peeled it off... drove it home and stuck in inside the window neatly later..

meh...

good luck with gettin it off ;)

(oh one time the cops got out with a army knife and sliced the yellow up.. we still managed to peel it off tho )

Hmmm .....

So first of all you are driving on bald tyres and asking for temporary replacements so that you can pass a check at the "easiest" pits.

Then you describe your experience with the cops in the following terms:

thats the thing... i told them that 5 times...  

they really were a pair of wankers, they also wouldn't give me their names or badge numbers which is illegal.. however its written on the yellow stick, but im going to complain about that.

Then you flame Boozstor for leaping to conclusions about the way you conducted yourself - which was not wholly unreasonable, given the comments above! - and the "wankers" are suddenly "officers".

Then, a little late in the piece, you drop the fact that your Dad is a senior officer and that he has pulled some strings to help you out (as any father would - I certainly would for my son, if I could)

So now your sticker is straight and all is well in world.

Hmmm ..... I would suggest you take care on how you put matters, as you are not painting yourself in a very clear light. If you want to be taken seriously, that is.

Cheers. ;)

i was driving on bald tyres because my new tyres hadnt come in yet, and i was after a set of tyres to last me until my new tyres are fitted (tomorrow), or so i could pass the yellow sticker, seeing as it expired 1 hour after i got it, and i needed my car on the sunday, and today.

and as i said, i didnt know my dad was their senior officer.... theres that many police in perth i don't know who my dad has authority over, i didnt even think he worked in the area.

and if i want to be taken seriously... why would i want to take a yellow sticker as a joke, i know my tyres were dangerous.

It all so very confusing :confused:

So your driving on bald tyres because your new tyres havent come in yet but you are going to get them tomorrow so u need some tyres to last you one day? :uh-huh:

So you must have woken up one morning walked out to the car and *egads* "my tyres are bald, they werent like that yesterday!!!!!" :)

(oh one time the cops got out with a army knife and sliced the yellow up.. we still managed to peel it off tho )

Hehe I remember that effort... they didn't slice hard enough and it remained intact enough to move!

It all so very confusing :confused:

So your driving on bald tyres because your new tyres havent come in yet but you are going to get them tomorrow so u need some tyres to last you one day? :uh-huh:

So you must have woken up one morning walked out to the car and *egads* "my tyres are bald, they werent like that yesterday!!!!!" :)

no, ive been chasing a new set for a week or 2(thread on the forums somewhere), but it became quite urgent when my yellow sticker expired 1 hour after i got it on saturday night, and i *had* to have a car on sunday, and none of my family live in perth to borrow me one...

also the tyres have only just recently got to the illegal point... they were quite low on tread, but borderline legal before.

my mate mike got a yellow and the car was locked up and we were watching from far away. they placed it on the outside of the window and on an angle.. after they left we walked over and peeled it off... drove it home and stuck in inside the window neatly later..)

cops can't sticker a car unless its being driven or accompanied by the owner. If that was the case they'd just set up camp at Autosalon and have a field day.

I remember my 1st and hopefully my last yellow sticker and this is a story I like to tell every1. Pure example of cops being F@$%heads. Driving home middle of the day on albany highway heading 2wards armadale, going the speed limit of course as i always do, cops coming opposite direction in far right lane spots me, I know they spooted me coz the f$%@heads cut across infront of traffic and did a u-turn so i turned down the next road still going the speed limit not breaking any rules then turned down another road into a back carpark. I see these f*^%heads fly around the 1st street fly down the next street and block the carpark I turned into. I was out of the car at this time waiting to see wat the problem was. So 3 officers get out of the car (not 1, not 2 but 3). So the F$#@heads give me a yellow sticker for my bumber not having any reinforcment which it did, loose wiring under the bonnet and no side mirrors. I didnt complain coz i was waiting 4 1 anyway just 2 get permits.

Took the car 2 the pits the next week and passed after rectifying problems. Got permits while i was ther of course. That same day driving out of my street saw cops which had already pulled sum1 over, so i drove normally whilst towing a trailer so cant go fast anyway and then 10 secs later the f&%$heads follow my ass and pull me over at the service station. I be a law abiding citizen that i am and show them my license, permits and the pass on my inspection, so they radio 2 c whether everything was fine and it was and i say2 myself (in my head of course) u f&^@heads aint got s#$% on me, so i thought, the c&^% pulls out his book and starts writing an infringement for not displaying my current rego sticker which was a $100 fine this problem wasnt picked up by the licensing department. But i was in a rush 2 go sum wer so i had enuff f*$^ it give me the fine and let me go.

I think i need 2 start a thread on f(*^head coppers and tell you more wonderful stories of my experience with the coppers. All without charges being laid of course, others stories cant be told for legal reasons.

Thank You all for your time and hope you enjoyed my wonderful story and if you like i will start a thread on our lovely WA Police Service.

Use paragraphs,

your writing hurts my eyes.

Hahahaha!

I haven't yet experienced the "joy" of being pulled over yet, but I'm sure when I get my car registered it won't take long. Just hearing the stories like that piss me off, not breaking any rules but they manage to cost you money anyway, while quite possibly cars that were speeding until they seen the cop on the side of the road don't get anything.

And let's not mention the break-ins, bashings, arson, and drug dealing that go on while the constabulary defect people's pride & joys. I have an aunt & uncle interstate (Vic & Qld) in the police force, my brother in the Military Police & my grandad was a chief prison guard in Victoria years ago in charge of watching chopper reid & the like, but you still get cops like this who are either jealous of someones car or go after the easy targets because the ***king government want money from everywhere.

And while we are on the subject I also absolutely hate boy bands & that tart who does seven news. :(