SAU Community

Masa Stagea project - yellow or bayside blue??

Brazen

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In two minds about my 2 preferred colours once I get the Masa BNR34 kit - the yellow as it is now, or full change to bayside blue like in my sig? Im so fickle - Ill go with the majority opinion lol - lemme know what u think - vote above and/or post comments :)

Some pics to help compare:

bnr34.jpg

bnr34.jpg

bnr34-1gou-2.jpg

skyline-gtr-r34-1999-1.jpg

:D

Nothing says GTR like bayside blue!
Just like all the other Bayside Blue GTR's. Nothing says accident history like a colour change!

Yellow is a mad colour especially with black rims and accessories. Yellow all the way! How many yellow GTR's do you see, compared to blue?

My 2c

Alan

Keep the stealth look.

Go yellow.  :D  :)

bahaha Gary... I think all hope of stealth went out the window when I decided on the Masa kit :)

6 votes to 4 for yellow so far... pretty close!

I voted yellow but damn that pic of the blue stagea looks nice.. I've always liked yellow with black bonnets and black or tint rims, red calipers, normal (non smoked) lights.

On the other hand blue with lots of (big) silver glitter and black or red pearl mmhmm!!

Either way nice freakin car ;)

Sorry guys .... but I am so fickle.... might even now have wasted everones 2 seconds spent voting coz it doesnt look like Ill be doing the Masa kit :D It dawned on me over the weekend that I was gonna be doing up a car that Id never get to drive!! (THE STAG IS THE MISSUS' CAR) So Ive reassessed my priorities (ie ME) and am gonna make my "project" the car I actually drive ... she sure as hell doesnt need 250 rwkw to drive the kids to school!! :D

Anyways - so I went and checked out the V35 skyline yesterday - and I'm switching projects entirely!!! Now thinking about bringing in a 2 door 350GT manual (silver, blue or black) and getting it twin-turboed (by XSpeed same way they recently did their 350Z!)... So this car:

358658_24_full.jpeg

But with this done to the VQ35DE:

35z33eng6.jpg

So looking forward to this! But I'll still be a Stagea whore - just might be staying stock for the missus while I buy the V35 Coupe and mod that! Although might have to swap to a Series 1 stag to pay for the twin turbo setup I want on the V35 lol... anyone wanna swap series 1 for my series 2 with cash adjustment, or just buy my stag... seriously?

Oh - and some info for anyone wanting a 260RS... Causeway AutoWholesale have just this week slashed $10,000 off the price of their 260RS.... $39,990 and its yours. Took it for a drive and mmmmm RB26DETT goodness :rofl:

Oh and if anyone wants to take up my MASA front end intentions - so far the best quote i've had for the front end kit from a buying broker in Japan, including ordering, handling, all panels, all mounting bracket etc requirements, brand new OE Nissan headlights and indicators... was 272,929 yen = under $3500! (this is front only - I didnt get costs on sideskirts and rear coz they're ugly and was gonna get TakeLows rear kit)... Pretty dam cheap considering the headlights alone are over 100,000yen.. and if u picked up second hand lights here itd save even more. So if anyone wants the contact details just PM me... coz I had almost secured a free freight option (spare container space shipping in return for front window sticker sponsorship) - so only had then the fitting and painting to pay for... so could have got everything on the car and painted for prob around $5000.

:D

Adam

would you need an enginers cert for this kit as its fairly big structural change????

Yeah ud need one - but has already been proven ok so eng cert no prob - in fact one place - APS - does a "Twin Turbo Package" for this engine (done a few of them already on 350Z's - same engine) that is already ADR approved and legal australia wide - your car comes back provided with an Engineers Certificate and ADR sign-off already done! :D Check the twin turbo 350Z they did in the current issue of Fast Fours (June 2005 - 350Z on front cover)

:stupid:

Adam