SAU Community

off street drags - car registered in your name?

franks

i remember reading, from a while back, the guidelines for the eastern creek off street drags.

one of the clauses stated that the car has to be registered in your own name. my car is a fleet car and as such registered in my company's name. any off street action my car is going to see will have to be accompanied by a letter from my company.

do the ppl at eastern creek really crack down on this rule? or are they abit "lax" about it? or do they even still have it!?

cheers,

Yes they check this every time make sure you have the correct paper work otherwise they won't let you race. I have seen them turn away a few people.

I would call them up before you go and get the exact details of what they need from your work as i remember they have some regulations about this stuff.

Make sure you tell us when you go i'm keen to see what the yellow beast runs :D

My car is like that as well in joint names with myself and my mum.

The first time i had a letter written by my mum (Merli) saying i had permision to race it. As long as the letter is in different hand writting to yours they don't really have a way of checking wether its real or not :D

The 2nd time i had a letter but they said they didn't need it this time because my name was on the rego papers as well.

Remember to wear long pants (jeans) and long sleve shirt otherwise they won't let you race.

Originally posted by Buster

Does it matter if the cars registered in a different state in your name (does it have to have NSW rego).......Brett

Not sure mate your better of giving them a ring but i doubt it would be a problem as cars come from interstate to race for big events etc.

They don't give a crap.

I went in once and handed over the rego papers of my silver skyline. It was put in my dad's name for insurance purposes, and I didn't get a note from him...

The chick behind the desk said: "Is your father here?"

Me: "No..."

Chick: "Is.... Your.... Father.... Here?"

Me: "errrrr... Yeah... He's outside"

Chick: "Good... Go get him to write a note giving you permission to race the car"

Me: "No worries" :D

Went outside, got someone (Kabab?) to write the note for me, and went back... The chick nodded and accepted the note without even looking at it.

Easy. They don't give a crap :rolleyes:

heheh..thanks for the info guys.

i guess if you were to bring a car from another state and rego papers to say its in your name it should be fine ... i can't see how it could be a problem.

looks like i'll *get* a letter from work then :D

Originally posted by Merli

Went outside, got someone (Kabab?) to write the note for me, and went back... The chick nodded and accepted the note without even looking at it.

Easy. They don't give a crap :)

I don't think i wrote that one seeing as my hand writting looks like a 12 year olds but i think you wrote my permision slip first time we went :(

okays....looks like 400HP, MIZ33T and myself are heading down to eastern creek this wednesday (i think this wednesday is an off street drags night! haha)

if we get there by 6pm we'll be doing well. so come down, cheer, jeer, whateva :)

channel 34 on the CB...

Hi Franks,

I'm in the same situation, and went to the drags 2 weeks ago. Had a note on company letterhead saying it was OK to run the car (that's what their website required), and had no problems. Of course it helps that it's my company anyway:p . If you can get one it could be worth saving the hassle.

One other thing, it helps if you can get there early, I had two runs in a hour before 5, but it was more like 1.5hrs between once everyone had arrived.

Originally posted by franks

i remember reading, from a while back, the guidelines for the eastern creek off street drags.  

one of the clauses stated that the car has to be registered in your own name. my car is a fleet car and as such registered in my company's name. any off street action my car is going to see will have to be accompanied by a letter from my company.

do the ppl at eastern creek really crack down on this rule? or are they abit "lax" about it? or do they even still have it!?

cheers,

Thats the reason why i prefer street runz

Nice and simple

so not being able to create a simple letter is the reason why you choose to endanger yourself, others around you, possible confiscation of your car, loss of license and even imprisonment when you street race?

thats pretty silly dude!?!?!?

i need some slicks...... new rubber!!! i burnt the reminese of tyres yesterday at Oran Park !! yeh i can get my CAMs license now!!

Merli fried his rubber so bad that we could see steel, metal or something at the middle of his fronts!!! hahah that is wat u get for going 224kms/hr down the bloody straight and doing wheelies whilst trying to get back on the track after a big SPUNOUT at the end of the straight hahahha FULLY SIK BRO!!

whilst, Merli did not make the last Observation for Cams run cos of his tyres issues....i survived!!

for me, i only hit 180km/hr on d straight and had two 360' spin outs on the curve... Wat aDrenalin!!!!!

:D :D ;):);) ;) :D :D

Originally posted by MIZ.33T

Merli fried his rubber so bad that we could see steel, metal or something at the middle of his fronts!!! hahah that is wat u get for going 224kms/hr down the bloody straight and doing wheelies whilst trying to get back on the track after a big SPUNOUT at the end of the straight hahahha   FULLY SIK BRO!!

I didn't actually spin out... Just went off-roading for a while :(

And it was only 201km/h... Apparently they had a Porsche GT2 that did 210km/h down the straight of Oran South Circuit :eek: :eek: That's some *MAJOR* speed for that little straight!!!!

Glad you enjoyed yourself MIZ.33T :P