SAU Community

I love both 180sx and skyline ...but which is better? ..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also 16k for a pretty much stock car isnt that good, i payed 14,500 for mine. ( '94 R33 GTS-T S1 )

Personally I would pay more for a stock car - pretty rare to find a skyline that hasn't been modded and had the sh!t caned out of it. Besides doing your own mods is more fun.

Drive both see which you like more.

Don't worry too much about 'modding it', as any improvements you do on either car will ultimately make you very happy.

as for R32GTRs... see my sig...

I was in the same boat, I was tossed up between a skyline and a 180, for my price range I could only pretty much get a stock 32 or a 180 with minor mods.

then a widebody sil80 with heaps of mods popped up on auction for 11-12k and I fell in love, never looked back.

Am i right when i say that s1 comes with airbag n abs as well?

No unfortunately your aren't, even in the S2 ABS is a an optional part that alot of cars don't have.

The S1 - some have ABS and Airbags, 95% won't have ABS at all, and not a huge number have Airbags..

Also you will probably pay more for a car that has these depending..

Personally I would pay more for a stock car - pretty rare to find a skyline that hasn't been modded and had the sh!t caned out of it. Besides doing your own mods is more fun.

mines lightly modded ( 3" straight though exhaust, pod and now body kit ), plus its only done 60,000 kms.... not bad for a '94 model.... its pretty much new still ( and yes they are genuine kms, coz before i bought the car i got it checked out by the racv dudes... them dudes dont like imports either, so they were particular about everything.,... including a spot of gum on the back seat ).

Well r33s are more classy...

If you wana pull girls the Skyline is definately the go lol

so true, even the way my car is now ( damaged, about 2 get fixed ).... chicks still love it lol. ahhhh skylines, is there anything they cant do :cooldance

i once met a girl who after a few beverages told me her fantasy was to be shagged on the bonnet of a v8powered car whilst the engine was being revved

man that was one nasty girl

So did you get her phone number?

I'd have dropped her onto the bonnet of a worked R32 GT-R and, as I was doing her doggy style with my mate blipping the throttle and giving her a BOV-job while I'm rogering her, just kept yelling "GT-R can nevar lose!".

Personally, I'd get a 180SX. Lighter car so it should go a bit quicker in the twisty stuff. I also really like the way it looks. But that's just me.

If you want something a bit more comfortable while still being quickish, get the Skyline.

No unfortunately your aren't, even in the S2 ABS is a an optional part that alot of cars don't have.

The S1 - some have ABS and Airbags, 95% won't have ABS at all, and not a huge number have Airbags..

Also you will probably pay more for a car that has these depending..

On this topic.

If my dash has an ABS light thats visible when all the dash lights are on does that mean I have ABS?

Are there any other ways of finding out other than some hard braking :P?

Oh, 1993 R33 GTST

a 180 is more of a sexier styled sports car, where the skyline is a grand tourer, slightly bigger, much nicer interior, more smoother/less twitchy (mates silvia is twitchy in all areas of design), there both good cars, you'll probly get better fuel consumption on the 180. It depends on what your needs are. A good skyline is a good 'all-rounder' while the 180 is a sports car and tries to be nothing else.

I have a nicely modded R33 (240rwkw) but I still sometimes think I should have gotten the 180sx as I know they're a much lighter and sportier car, and I drive for the thrill and speed, not the comfort or to pick up women.

But yeh, the R33 is a very nice car and feels solid and smooth on the road even at speeds in excess of 200km/h (track :)) so definately an A+ cruiser, but a B+ racer.

Just depends on what you want out of a car :P

the 180 is damn quick, breaks traction on boost, handles and goes like a rocket....but its loud and rattly, bounces over bumps at speed, really really light, steering feels a bit iffy due to the strut set up. but power is like an on/off switch, hits really hard. good engine to work on, lots of room in engine bay. very strong reliable motor.

the 33, is more refined, a bit slower, but not by much, specially with stock turbs, smoother engine, smoother power delivery, its alot easier to cruise in. the interior is much nicer, more bearable. steering and handling is alot better due to the more advanced suspension and the extra weight stops it from bouncing all over the road.

cheers

Linton

:werd: i own both and couldnt have sumed it up any better. remember though for bout 16k you can also get the 180sx type x model which has a much more update interior seat wise but the dash/console is still bland.