SAU Community

Just picked up my new car..

Hey everyone.. just picked up my new car about 3 hours ago..

1998 R33 Gts-t Silver..

LOVE IT!!! can't wait to take it for a proper drive..

The photos below are the workshop one's.. i'll put up some new ones once I get a chance..

- hopefully be joining some of the sydney guys on a cruise sometime..

Cheers,

Links

Sure is.. was happy with today because the sun was finally out + wasn't raining.. meant I could atleast give it a bit of a go when I got it..

Hopefully weather will be decent i'll try and get some good photos and put them up..

already scraped the front bar on the driveway - was waiting for this - so might have to find the driveway from hell thread.. mines a beauty!

Goto also put some decent petrol in it.. but for the time being i'm happy - think it's got caltex in it..

only had it 5 mins when a blue VL turbo decided to have a go.. just cruised.. can't be bothered wasting my time - wanted to let it warm up.. lol - just smiled and kept goin

Yeah it's in pretty good condition.. had an inspection done on it before purchase, they fixed up 80% of the things that were found wrong.. so i'm happy..

got a couple of things - nothing mechanical, mainly exterior..

Nice 40th Anniversary one there. I particularly like the optional factory front bar and rear spoiler. Very rare to see one like that, only seen one other at auction like it.

Cheers mate - first person to notice, unfortunately the 40th ann. badges on the rear left/right panels have been ripped off - bastards..

also came with - rear sway bar, HICAS, optional sunroof.. as you can imagine.. i'm VERY happy..

Didn't realise the front bar was quite that special - will have to take more care getting it up my driveway..

If you like the look of it, take very good care of it, they only offered that option for 1998 40th anniversary editions and only a few purchasers took the option. Most of the 40's have the standard Series 2 front bar.....

edit: I believe nissan called that trim level (with the GTR look alike spoilers) the GTS25t Type-MR. I have the Nissan brochure around here somewhere.... Not to be mistaken for the 280 Type-MR of course (2.8litre GTSt)......

edit2: someone with Nissan FAST software can confirm that :P

^^ Cheers for the info mate.. anything extra on what the 40th anniv cars had would be great!..

Just got home from driving - been taking it pretty easy, really want to give it a good service - + had the g/f in the car with me..

Went well, once again - front bar scraped a tiny bit.. so i'm going to have to work on entry.. took it at a good angle - fine getting out - just getting in that's a pain..

great car - love it.. goes weel - + it's so cold outside tonight & with jap radio (e.g. no radio) was just lovin listenin to it spool.. than release..

awesome ride..

time for sleep..