SAU Community

Tuff "dog box" Wanted -where?

Have contacted various gearbox engineers to no avail, any one have or know of where i can get a 'tuff box to suit a GTR r32 ?

I hear that the OS giken and Trust box's are not that good ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can pick faults in any of the gearboxes, and every single option for a GT-R has a myriad of failure stories. I think it all comes down to budget, all of them seem to occupy a price range seperate to the others..

Cheapest to dearest of bolt in solutions:

1/OS Gearset

2/ Pfitzner gearset

3/ Trust H pattern

4/ Pfitzner H pattern

5/ HKS H pattern

6/ Trust sequential

7/ OS sequential

8/ Hollinger seq and H pattern

Somewhere in there is the HKS sequential and air shifted boxes, but due to the nature of them (have to be sent back to Japan to be fixed by HKS) I don't think they are really an option. Same with their H pattern box. All of the other boxes can get parts purchased for repairs or updates.

Cheapest to the dearest , that being the Hollinger the dearest ?

OK forget costs, what about best reliability and best rep for the money.

You can pick faults in any of the gearboxes, and every single option for a GT-R has a myriad of failure stories. I think it all comes down to budget, all of them seem to occupy a price range seperate to the others..

Cheapest to dearest of bolt in solutions:

1/OS Gearset

2/ Pfitzner gearset

3/ Trust H pattern

4/ Pfitzner H pattern

5/ HKS H pattern

6/ Trust sequential

7/ OS sequential

8/ Hollinger seq and H pattern

Somewhere in there is the HKS sequential and air shifted boxes, but due to the nature of them (have to be sent back to Japan to be fixed by HKS) I don't think they are really an option. Same with their H pattern box. All of the other boxes can get parts purchased for repairs or updates.

Last time I priced a Hollinger it was $23k with seq shifter. But I mean, really - that's a whole new car for that price!

$23 k Nah that's to serious for me , makes a 2 speed auto look nicer all the time.

Still concidering the trust box , not sure?

There's guys cruising around in the land of the rising sun running 9's with the trust box!

I suppose u just gotta be smart about the way u use it, they're tuff, like all the box's listed, but treat any with maximum aggresion and you'll be towing ur ride home, crying....

Guest Mashrock

my trust box broke. but saying this i dont know how it was treated in japan..

i would definatley get one again but. its being a bit of a pain tracking down parts at the moment. as its built by quaife in the uk..

mind you my version is very out of date..

spoke to John Munro a while ago, things about how his street and race GTR going.

I remeber he mention the trust was "shit", pain in the arse to drive in the traffic and not strong enough.

He ditch the Hollinger in his race car and using a OS sequential from Keir Wilson.

Didn't ask why but it might indicate how good the OS is?

and i "think" he is using Pfitzner H pattern in his 4xxawkw street GTR

Possibly if the hollinger is too much look at the new HKS sequential versions. they had some on display at this years tokyo autosalon and they looked pretty serious. again they wont be cheap, but i imagine half the price of a hollinger...

I have heard a few people bitch about the trust boxes.

The purple genuin 9 sec GT-R in japan from the HPI V5 DVD runs the trust box .. genuine 9 sec car all day all night  :boohoo:

Is that your mates car?

that ikeya shifter would have to be the biggest waste of money i have every seen. costs over $1500 and is just as slow or slower than just using your hand to shift through and H pattern. can you tell i'm not a fan...lol. seriously though, it's a waste of money.