SAU Community

Adjustable Coilovers

Just trying to find out what types/brands do adjustable coilovers for R32 gtst, looking more at the top end rather than the streams of cheaper ones being imported in now, would need height adjustment and would like bump and rebound adjustment also, what are being used in all the top circuit cars around, cheers

• 2 years later...

Hey Clint...i often wonder whether you still had your car. About the nicest R32 that i ever saw get built up.

I would highly reccomend Tein HA or Tein Flex they have 16 levels of damping adj and about 3 inches of ride height adj. Very good suspension

The HA are pretty ordinary and the Flex are not that bad, although they are old models. The newwe Monoflex is mean to be decent enough.

If you really want to look a little higher then mid spec shocks i suggest you consider getting a set of Tein RA or Tein REs for the car. A workshop in Melbourne called Racepace rebuilds them and throws some different springs at them and gets very good results. All the insanely quick GTRs run them and i have a fiddled set of Tein RAs in my GTSt. They work really well. My car was dramatically better at Winton and clearly quicker then the Whiteline suspension i was running. The Whiteline was really good on street tyres but with its soft springs i felt as though they struggled with semi slicjs and decent power.

The alternative is a set of Bilsteins that have had simialr tweaking by Sydneykid. I know of an R32 GTR running them and getting very good results. Its a much nicer setup on the track then the normal street Bilstein kit.

They are the bets two options i think that are available to an R32 GTSt owner.

Any pics of your car as it is today?

Buy he isnt looking for a good start. He is asking for a pretty high shelf shock, going as far as adjustable rebound and damping. That means you are starting to look at the more expensive end of the spectrum.

If Clint32 still has his old car, which is pretty damn well screwed together i suggest he serisouly considers a GTR rear end swap which opens up the world of Nismo/Ohlins/Quantum/Tein Rs shocks.

For a GTSt i think the RA/RE are great things and not overly expensive. About 3-3.5k with springs/re-valved etc

If you really want to look a little higher then mid spec shocks i suggest you consider getting a set of Tein RA or Tein REs for the car. A workshop in Melbourne called Racepace rebuilds them and throws some different springs at them and gets very good results. All the insanely quick GTRs run them and i have a fiddled set of Tein RAs in my GTSt. They work really well. My car was dramatically better at Winton and clearly quicker then the Whiteline suspension i was running. The Whiteline was really good on street tyres but with its soft springs i felt as though they struggled with semi slicjs and decent power.

Hey Troy,

Do racepace supply the Tein RA/RE's and rebuild them or do you have source them yourself? Although i'll no doubt be giving them a ring (ive been telling myself suspension is the next mod for about 10months now) do you know what kinda money we are talking?

Cheers mate

Camden

HKS hipermax D is what ive got... on a R33 though.. im pretty sure they would have them for a R32?

Great set of coilovers! =)

how often do you rebuild those shocks? mine is r33 as well.

mine are in need of a rebuilds every 8 months or so. i do use them on the street as well though.

theyre nice on the track. especially for drifting. :huh:

how often do you rebuild those shocks? mine is r33 as well.

mine are in need of a rebuilds every 8 months or so. i do use them on the street as well though.

theyre nice on the track. especially for drifting. :(

Funy that... They are designed especialy for drift... Must be stupid stiff though

• 1 year later...
Hey Troy,

Do racepace supply the Tein RA/RE's and rebuild them or do you have source them yourself? Although i'll no doubt be giving them a ring (ive been telling myself suspension is the next mod for about 10months now) do you know what kinda money we are talking?

Cheers mate

Camden

RacePace did supply the RA/RE's but they are geting hard to find now you mite need to find them yourself as time is money and it may take some. I think you would be looking at about 6K for the RA/RE's if ben or chris supplyed them for you. Im looking for a set of RA's now but not having much luck.