SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

The RDA954's fit Series 2 AWD Stag calipers without machining down the OD (no rubbing or clearance issues). We have fitted them to one car already and will fit them to my Stag soon.

did the 954S fit your Stag with no issues?

Guys, I know a couple of people have had a positive experience with these rotors on S2 RS-Four V *without* machining the OD down, but my experience was different... I discovered serious rubbing/binding after fitting these rotors without machining down the outside diameter; there was no apparent binding after fitting them and checking the sliding section of the caliper for clearance (where it gets closest, in the middle) but at about a K or so's low speed driving down the street I had smoke billowing out of the front wheels. It definitely needs some metal removed from the OD; I'm going to have 3mm taken off to make it match the original rotors.

Also, has anybody else who's fitted these noticed that the original rotors are ~37mm thick (by my measurement) but the RDA's are ~33mm thick? Plus the minimum thickness on the original rotors is marked as 26mm, while the new ones are marked as 22mm. This means a difference in piston travel of 4mm which may by significant. At the very least, it approximately half-emptied my master cylinder reservoir once they were on and the pistons were in the new location.

I've now gone back to the original rotors, again. And I'll have to get the new ones machined, again. But one day, one day I will fit new rotors to this car...

what is difference if any between S1 and S2 brakes? ie rotor size

Basically rotor size and offset (series 1 is smaller). Easier to find series 1 replacements; I think you don't have to stuff about getting series 1 rotors machined to fit. Check the first post of this thread for series 1 rotor part numbers.

Guys, I know a couple of people have had a positive experience with these rotors on S2 RS-Four V *without* machining the OD down, but my experience was different... I discovered serious rubbing/binding after fitting these rotors without machining down the outside diameter; there was no apparent binding after fitting them and checking the sliding section of the caliper for clearance (where it gets closest, in the middle) but at about a K or so's low speed driving down the street I had smoke billowing out of the front wheels. It definitely needs some metal removed from the OD; I'm going to have 3mm taken off to make it match the original rotors.

Also, has anybody else who's fitted these noticed that the original rotors are ~37mm thick (by my measurement) but the RDA's are ~33mm thick? Plus the minimum thickness on the original rotors is marked as 26mm, while the new ones are marked as 22mm. This means a difference in piston travel of 4mm which may by significant. At the very least, it approximately half-emptied my master cylinder reservoir once they were on and the pistons were in the new location.

I've now gone back to the original rotors, again. And I'll have to get the new ones machined, again. But one day, one day I will fit new rotors to this car...

thanks for the update :)

more to think about :)

are the RS Four S rotors the same as RS Four V etc.?

what is difference if any between S1 and S2 brakes? ie rotor size

If your thinking of upgrading from S1 to S2 Stagea.

Just go to R33 Skyline brakes, as they are easier to get discs and pads for and better performance.

If your thinking of upgrading from S1 to S2 Stagea.

Just go to R33 Skyline brakes, as they are easier to get discs and pads for and better performance.

As we can get Rotor`s & Pad`s for S2 for UNDER $300 i call that Cheap, you have much more about then most think,you have a PAD that is 157 mm long it`s much the same as have smaller pad`s with extra clamping pressure ,so there about same,S2 brake which every one like`s to BAG`s are ok if you don`t think your in a SKYLINE,cheer`s Chuckie.

found direct fit front pads for s2 stagea EBC's part number DP1671 was 95 trade price, 125 retail i think

Yep, that number's correct. Our price on the DP1671 is $86.

But you're only talking about EBC Black, they're a pretty ordinary street pad at the best of times, and NOTHING in the way of performance.

If you're after something that's going to pull the car up a bit better than stock, then we've got both QFM options on the shelf.

- High Performance Street, QFM HPX, Bendix Ultimate equivalent, $119 for the set.

- Street/Track, QFM A1RM, Ferodo DS2500 equivalent, $179 for the set.

In comparison EBC Green are $195, so the QFM are far and away the best value for money S2 pads!

Will R32 GTR brakes work on an M35? I know I can pretty much use R34 brakes but unsure about 32's.

perfect fit. You need to get R32 rotors to match.

And grind a small piece back for clearance of the rotor.

That is what I have on my M35.

Cheers

Andy

perfect fit. You need to get R32 rotors to match.

And grind a small piece back for clearance of the rotor.

That is what I have on my M35.

Cheers

Andy

Thanks, going to get it done.

But you're only talking about EBC Black, they're a pretty ordinary street pad at the best of times, and NOTHING in the way of performance.

In comparison EBC Green are $195, so the QFM are far and away the best value for money S2 pads!

Just put the black stuff in my car and they pull up good even when cold $70 :D

good luck pulling up the green stuff without warming them up first.

it's not about back green red etc

as long as they'r Reg90 material they'll work from cold

i had no problem on reds even in frosty morning - no need warm up

Yep, that number's correct. Our price on the DP1671 is $86.

If you're after something that's going to pull the car up a bit better than stock, then we've got both QFM options on the shelf.

- High Performance Street, QFM HPX, Bendix Ultimate equivalent, $119 for the set.

- Street/Track, QFM A1RM, Ferodo DS2500 equivalent, $179 for the set.

G`Day why come here & BAG another BRAND :) ,NO NEED TO DO THAT ,really ,now i have EBC BLACK & have had no worries,& as your PRODUCT is like nearly X2 the cost of the EBC ,i don`t see that as GOOD VALUE :) ,

this is not the PLACE TO BAG other Product`s ,+ EBC have DROP PRICE of pad`s world wide,

Cheer`s Chuckie.

Get a grip Chuckie... I wasn't bagging EBC Black, and indeed we're a premium RDA dealer, and do quite a large volume of them... but if you think EBC Black are a performance pad by any stretch of the imagination you're sadly very mistaken. Nothing I said in my post wasn't true, and EBC Black are nothing more than an ordinary street pad. Compare equivalent performance pads to the QFM HPX or A1RM, and then come and tell me they're not good value...

... and if you read the post above yours clearly we're not the only ones who think so.