SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

hmm, are you saying that I could purchase a set of Slotted Rotors built for the 34GTT as long as I buy a set of Calipers as well?

I'm kind of looking to buy a full set of brand new slotted rotors that are completely interchangeable and require minimum to no modification to fit.

If anyone has part numbers or recommended Rotors, I'd appreciate it.

yep that's what u can do.

the dumb ass guys here in Perth not hear what i said, i have a s1 not a s2 so the rear is 265mm some people piss me off.

now i have new 295mm rotors i cant use.will have to take them back glad i not take them out of the plastic but check it all first.

dose any1 know of a rotor with all the same specs as a skyline but only 265?

Edited by whitenight27

Ok can u guys help me with info for fitting r33 rear brakes to my s1. Need to know of all the bits needed?

If they are the same as GTT brakes: calipers, pads. rotors. Need to trim the backing plate. You may need to pull the olives out of the calipers to convert to banjo fittings for the brake lines or vice versa.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

right guys cant seem to found the answers im looking for.. Ive got a rs4s stagea ive got r34 brakes to suit.. question is about braided lines will r34 braidlines work? notice each cailper have three seprate pieces.. some i see online are only two piece?

A little while ago i replaced my brake pads all round due to the fact that the rear left was metal on metal (the rest still had a fair bit on them but changed them anyway so they were all the same), while it was off i noticed one of the bar guide things in the caliper was a tiny bit bent. Hoping it wouldn't be too much of an issue i just put them back on. Turns out now it is an issue as the same corner has worn down again. rather than just find a new/secondhand caliper, i thought it might be a good reason to do a brake upgrade all round. Can anyone confirm the below for me? also should i be looking for new stuff or just go secondhand? and also will this be a reasonable upgrade or would i be better off going something bigger/different?

I have converted my S2 to all R34 gtt spec brakes (F+R) in my garage.

The rear dust covers needed a little trim around the caliper area, i just used tin snips, a file and pliers to bend the daggy bits.

From memory the front dust covers were fine.

The diameter of the rotors was close enough to just bend them a little where they touched.

I had the rear R34 soft lines but they dont match the Stagea at the chassis side where they join the hardlines.

I was able to pop the ferrule out of the caliper with a self tapper on both sets of calipers and use the original banjo fittings.

The rear banjo bolts needed abut 3mm taken off its length as they still bottomed out, took my time with a hack saw and a file and no dramas.

Also there is a fitting block bolted to the back of the rear R34 caliper that connected the soft line to a short hard line into the ferrule fitting.

I couldnt find a way of making the blocks work so they're in a box under my work bench with all the old Stag brake parts.

I have left the brake lines as per Stagea spec,

I used all the original Stag caliper bolts but they were the same as R34 ones.

The pad was dragging due to the bent pin, mine was the same when I bought it. I have no idea how one pin can bend but it seems to be common. You could simply straighten the in a vice using something soft so you don't mark it, then grease it up and re-fit them.