SAU Community

Top 5 Gtr Times-what Ecu Are Bieng Used

exXU1

At the stage of deciding which way to go in regard to ECU.

Do not require any factory controls as there is no fancy bits left.

No AFM's and 1. x single , need straight out good clean HP for drags.

What are the fastest GTR's in the country using , any one have an idea?

I have been told Go MOTEC or next best Halltec, surely some of the jap ECU's will cut the cheese.

Any one have info or results fom the D - jetro experiences? <_<

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wilson's R32 GTR uses Motec

Munro's R33 GTR uses ????

Mario's R33 GTR uses Motec

Theo's R32 GTR uses Power FC (with AFM's)

The SubZero GTST's mostly use Microtech, I haven't seen any Skylines with Haltec's.

:( cheers :D

Edited by Sydneykid

Munro is running a Motec in his car.

I'm running an Autronic SMC combined with the Autronic CDI.

Wilson's R32 GTR uses Motec

Munro's R33 GTR uses ????

Mario's R33 GTR uses Motec

Theo's R32 GTR uses Power FC (with AFM's)

The SubZero GTST's mostly use Microtech, I haven't seen any Skylines with Haltec's.

:D cheers :D

well i have a spanking new d jetro power fc if anyone wants it for 1000

suitable for single throttle body

cheers

pete

fatz , i have been thinking in this direction , but have come up with zero evidence that supports it's ability's or any one who has anything what so ever to support this unit ??

motec is the no 1 option

autronics and cdi is next in my opinion

and also ND4SPD in perth with a hks 2.8L stroker and twin hks t04z turbos making just under 800hp at the wheels in his gtr uses the power fc d jetro im 99.9% sure (thats what all the articles say anyway)

www.xspeed.com is where the car is from if u wanna chat to them about it

cheers

Brad

motec is the no 1 option

autronics and cdi is next in my opinion

and also ND4SPD in perth with a hks 2.8L stroker and twin hks t04z turbos making just under 800hp at the wheels in his gtr uses the power fc d jetro im 99.9% sure (thats what all the articles say anyway)

www.xspeed.com is where the car is from if u wanna chat to them about it

cheers

Brad

You know , it's such a difference in price , a $1300 D Jetro compared to close to $6 K for the motec?

Does it really cost that much extra for a little more Hp or----- does it come down to consistant and reliability 'on the day " monitoring and tweeking to enable the engine to perform under different conditions.

Is this the D Jetro's max ability? I simply do not Know.

The Autronic and the CDI unit , what sort of $$$?To set up properly . <_< post-10298-1126608776.jpg

Guest DIRTgarage
I'm intruiged, why all the big $$ ECUs in a car that runs WOT for 9 seconds?  Honest question, is the tuning really that difficult? Surely the PFC has enough load points for this use? I mean, the quickest drag cars use carbies?

Defin. agree with Dunc's on this one!

We will continue using power fc.....easy to tune. If you need all that datalogging shit with a Motec....then go right ahead....I am an experienced enough driver to tune the chassis/set-up the car with the seat of my pants. Dont need an expensive toy to tell me the car bogged or had too much wheelspin etc. Power FC and a new G-Tech pro RR cost me $1500. whats a Motec full set-up installed?? $8000-$10 000. Spend the money if you need all the help you can get....if not save it and spend it elsewhere.

Boy's, you need to think laterally on this.

The same timing and the same A/F ratio will make the same power, doesn't matter what ECU you are using.

I used an Autronic for 2.5 years on my Sti and I loved it because it plugged straight in. I'm using a PFC Pro on my R32 purely because it's a plug in solution. Both will make the same power numbers on the same car.

What you pay for with Autronic/MOTEC is the race car options that none of us will even go close to using the way the maker intended.

Don't just buy an ECU, invest in a proven and reputable engine tuner - an ECU is just a conduit for a tuner's engine strategy.

Regards

Andrew

Edited by STI113

So ....... Andrew , what do you think of the D- Jetro?

The Apexi PFC PRO has the the two drag facilitys coupled with AFM's.

This leaves me to say that;

this topic is starting to narrow down to a couple of basic derivitaives( can't spell that ?)

The conclusion is ? <_<

Boy's, you need to think laterally on this.

The same timing and the same A/F ratio will make the same power, doesn't matter what ECU you are using.

I used an Autronic for 2.5 years on my Sti and I loved it because it plugged straight in. I'm using a PFC Pro on my R32 purely because it's a plug in solution. Both will make the same power numbers on the same car.

What you pay for with Autronic/MOTEC is the race car options that none of us will even go close to using the way the maker intended.

Don't just buy an ECU, invest in a proven and reputable engine tuner - an ECU is just a conduit for a tuner's engine strategy.

Regards

Andrew

Guest DIRTgarage

exXU1...power fc pro is what you need....but APEXi stopped making them....ive been looking for one for two months now....with no success. If you can find a reputable supplier then please let me know.

At the stage of deciding which way to go in regard to ECU.

Do not require any factory controls as there is no fancy bits left.

No AFM's and 1. x single , need straight out good clean HP for drags.

What are the fastest GTR's in the country using , any one have an idea?

I have been told  Go MOTEC or next best Halltec, surely some of the jap ECU's will cut the cheese.

Any one have info or results fom the D - jetro experiences? <_<

My ECU is MINE's Tuned

I have never used a D-Jetro PFC.

I'll draw a comparison with my Autronic as you could use air flow meters or a MAP sensor.

They only reason a MAP based system is better in my opinion is if the air flow meters are a restriction (either by volume or resolution) or they are prone to failure (like some WRX versions).

Air flow meters are more precise in transient throttle applications particuarly at low manifold vacuum.

I would go with whatever your tuner thinks he can get the best out of.

I'm new to GT-R's and I'm biased towards Autronic. So AUTRONIC FOR POWER!! Go the SM4 http://www.autronic.com if you're not using AFM's.