SAU Community

Getting Heavy Stuff Out Of Japan..

Poida

Hey Guys..

Recetly i just got my LSD including the case etc, and am still looking at buying a few more things before i leave later next year.. Just wondering, for people like rezz or other memebrs that have contacts/previous experience with Japan, how did you get your stuff home? Please don't say the post, as i doubt a 46Kg Piece of LSD is gunna make it through the post.. and surely there must be a more affordable way to send a Cubic Metre of stuff.. Could you guys give me some ideas?

Hey Guys..

Recetly i just got my LSD including the case etc, and am still looking at buying a few more things before i leave later next year.. Just wondering, for people like rezz or other memebrs that have contacts/previous experience with Japan, how did you get your stuff home? Please don't say the post, as i doubt a 46Kg Piece of LSD is gunna make it through the post.. and surely there must be a more affordable way to send a Cubic Metre of stuff.. Could you guys give me some ideas?

Palette and freight?

Get a good customs broker though because Tullamarine can be a bitch.

Poida, take it from me, don't just think about sending your LSD alone. Get some mates together and do big group buys and fill up a 20 footer container and do it that way. Alternatively, have the LSD attched to something large - like a car - then stuff it in said 20 footer. There is no cost effective way to send single items over 30kg.

get your own container or ring some shops in brissie and im sure they will have some container coming through so put it in with them.... or do them a bit of favour and look for parts as well and get free freight....

An r200 lsd centre weighs in at about 10kg. ;)

I have had no issues sending them via post.

That said though, if you can organise to fill a container that will work out alot cheaper... good luck getting anything like that off the ground though.

Edited by Streeter

if you can organise to fill a container that will work out alot cheaper...  good luck getting will work out alot cheaper...  good luck getting anything like that off the ground though.

Yep, but if you can get a cheap ceffy or S13 and fit it and as many parts as possible into a 20 footer it'll be easy enough for one guy to do... just need the cash up front.

Poida I'm doing a 40 foot container and shipping 2 cars right now, and even the 40 foot is reasonable if you were to sell both cars when they land. Any parts that you can fit in there is a bonus.

rezz, how much does a container cost?

All up total including all associated bullshit it's costing me A$4,200 for a 40 foot container. When it arrives in Perth there are additional customs and quarantine costs aswell.

or do what i do and stowe it safely in the overhead locker(s)...lol.

i am sure if you look you should be able to find a freight forwarding company in japan that can sort you out with sea freight. or talk to one of the traders on here about sharing some container space.

pull the LSD out of the diff dude. Diff cases aren't that expensive to buy locally anyways. I got a TRD 2 way LSD and a couple of small bits down for my AE86 and it cost me under $100 shipping via SAL (Surface/Air Lift). Got them to my door in 5 days.

We used to organise containers for some of the backyard traders, but we've stopped doing them now because chasing up payments, logistics and deliveries is just not worth the hassle.

• 4 weeks later...