SAU Community

340kw At The Wheels On Gt-ss Turbo's

600hp

Hi guys, just made 340AWKW at CRD today with our street exhaust.

I have yet to see the Dyno graph but jim said the car made more low end about the same mid range and more top end with the JUN plenum and QF45 throttle body.

tomorrow i'm going over to but the 4"exhaust on and then we will do another power run and just check it over to make sure everything is ok!

Last time the race exhaust made another 30AWKW on top, with out any tuning.

I'll post up again later to tell you how it all goes.

Cheers

Hi,

we ran the car up again with the 4" exhaust today.

we made another 20AWKW =360AWKW

I beleive the problem is now that the airbox we had made(which is designed for max power with the headlight out).Could now be starving the car of air with the head light in.

The car is pretty mad to drive!

The next mods to the car with be a new intercooler and a fibreglass funnel to the airbox from where the head light is.

A BIG thanks goes out to Jim and the gang at Croydon Racing Developments for the great job tuning the car .

Another reason for not making more power with the big exhaust is that the turbo's can't keep the pressure up with the new plenum.

I would like to try a set of GT-RS turbo's on the car.

I think that the good old GT-SS turbo's are pretty much out of puff!!

we'll see what has to be done to make some more power down low.

Cheers

Sorry that's not right.

22>21 made 340AWKWs quite exhaust

22>21 made 355awkws big exhaust.

27 psi made 360big exhaust

as you can see the turbos are out of puff by then anyway.

I'm not sure how much that is at the wheels in HP.

Again thanks to the Guys at CRD!

Congratulations :D

Looks like Jim is definitely on top of these GT-SS turbos :O

What are you plans for the car? I wouldn't put a pair of GT-RS on a stock capacity RB26 if I were you. The car won't be anywhere NEAR as fun to drive.

Full mod list?

i belive this car runs a JUN 2.7lt strocker and JUN plenum i would like to see what GTRS can do

I'm not quite sure what an extra 100cc would do in spooling up the GT-RS, but I'm interested to see if 600hp is willing to take the chance and show us :D

All the UK tuners (who have been testing with the GT-RS's for the last 3 years) readily agree that you need at LEAST a 2.8 stroker or preferably a 3.0 OS Giken kit to get the GT-RS's to spool early enough for a road car.

From what I've noticed building a 3ltr then comparing it to the 2.5 and 2ltr, it appears for every 500cc increase you improve spool by ~600rpm.

Its the torque that makes the biggest difference.

Edited by Cubes

I don't really understand the following that these GTRS's have on an RB26 , I cant see the point of extra capacity to excite turbo's that are so so to start with . 2530's would have far better response than GT-RS's (GT2871 52 trim's) so what gives ? If someone went to the same lengths with these turbo's (2530) as WilliamsF1 did with GT-SS's surely the torque at the wheels would be adequate and very progressive . I think Gary mentioned some good times with them but cant I remember the numbers .

Cheers A .

Hows it going 600hp

Do you think you have found the limit of the GT-SS

at the 360awkw? (great effort by the way)

I hate it when people talk what boost by when (cos it really has no relationship to power and torque) But i would be interested to see the torque curve you achieved as to me it's the most important thing as it's what drop you back in the seat and keeps you there lol.

pete

ps great to see you posting results again cheers