SAU Community

Time Taken

Noxious

My cars in to get a few mods put on....

Was just a bit amazed at how long they have estimated it will take to put on a few standard sorta mods. The place is quite professional andwell known, just a bit amazed.

FMIC, air filter, dump pipe, cold air intake. What would be your guess? I know that alot of people have had to to move a few bits n pieces on their gt-ts + other cars to fit the FMIC.

car is a 99 GT-T

im not 100% sure but i would estimate around 2 hours (or a bit more) for the intercooler, Hour of even less for the dump. And the Cold air intake is a piss nothing job.

Edited by krzysiu

allow 6 hours for fmic if they are welding up the pipes from scratch, if its a kit probably half the time. depends if they get interrupted during the work. rule of thumb, get what they quote and add another day

I mean if a mechanic was to dedicate a time frame to sit down and do it from start to finish, in hours.

Ah, I see what you mean now. Paul's reply is pretty much spot on. I can guess a few workshops it could be from Perth, but how long have they said it will take???

well its simple. if they are a popular workshop then they will get stacks of emails and calls from dudes who want stuff and want advice. so they have to keep stop / strarting work on your car each time so yeah it can get sidetracked. so just add a day to whatever they've said. more often than not it will run late or delayed. its performance, theres always something gone wrong or not matched or doesnt fit etc