SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

want to do a powersteering flush... or more was told i should, to do it i was told to remove a hose put it in a bucket and then have another hose sucking up the new fluid untill the fluid going into empty bucket looks clean, unsure which hoses to disconnect, so was searchinga round and looks like i should remove the return to the reservoir put that into a bucket, and block off the reservoir and top up the reservoir while turning the steering until it comes out clean

does that sound right? best way to do it?

Yeah that would be correct, leave the feed hose attached to reservoir and top it up as it goes down though, putting a hose in the bottle wont cause it to 'suck up'. You could just remove the return line and drain system completely but then you have to worry about getting rid of all the air when you fill it. Also make sure both wheels are off the ground.

Actually do you have HICAS? If so it will be a bit different, you may just have to remove both the rack and HICAS pump return lines but I'm not sure, someone else will need to comment.

i do but from what ive read i think its different from 32 to 33 but not 100% sure

also on a side note does anyone else have issues with the notifications from this thread? it shows me notification but its title is %4$s and goes to a 'bad' like page.... weird

Can anyone recommend someone in Hobart area willing to do a cashie for rust repair? Got a small area that's rusted through on rear guard lip. Want it done properly (welded) not just bogged up. Prefer someone that can come to me as car isn't really mobile at the moment.

bought a full set of bilstein shocks in sydney on my way down

put the rears in the other day, might put the fronts in today

also got some king springs with them but forgot to measure the lengths vs my old ones while they were out of the car

pretty stocked that all up it only cost me $200

Recently been thinkibg about getting another set of flares but not 100% sure so I had a crack at doing what the evo guys do and spaced the stock guards.

Im liking it apart from the gap next to the bonnet.

Pics:

post-71390-0-91648500-1362646312_thumb.jpg

post-71390-0-84425800-1362646333_thumb.jpg

saw your photos on instagram, i like the first pic, maybe more than some aftermarket gaurds, in the second it looks similar to how some lift the rear of the bonnet, but i think thats the angle, i think the gap would look a bit weird, if you could get round that i think it would be awesome

• 2 weeks later...

My engine is back together. Should be int the car early next week.

My build thread has been moved to so of you want to see some of the latest updates click the link.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/308918-damos-r32-gts-r-on-going-project-fun-car-history-and-use-full-info/page-16#entry6791659

Looking good Damo!

Could someone with an RB25 AAC valve handy do me a favour and measure the O.D. of the larger of the two hose fittings that come off it (the one that returns to the hard pipe before the TB)?

I don't have mine handy and need to know it to make a new hard pipe, cheers :)

Bushy - I had quick look, it should be roughly 19mm. Crawf just a welded a straight piece of narrow pipe to the cooler piping just before the TB on ours and I just stretched a length of 3/4 inch heater hose over it and ran it up to the air input on the AAC valve and does the job alright! I have the original hose and bits and pieces at mine if you need anything to help too man?!

• 1 month later...

I thought I might liven this place up a bit with an update. My brother Tom and I have gone from an almost bare shell to this. Its taken almost a year and there's still a bit left to do but pretty happy with where we are at with it.

post-87836-0-57471800-1367576531_thumb.jpg

:cheers:

Looking awesome bushy. Any estimate as to when it will be at the track?

My one and only car is sitting under the mechanics house, but I'm back in Tassie in June and he's said it will be ready for then. If yours is done (and mine is finally finished) we should head out to baski ;)

Jay

Cheers fellas. Yeah I'm keen as for Baski, we'll be going there for a 'shakedown' as soon as its going. Main thing left to do is engine wiring but we're just going to pay someone to do that as we can't be f*#ked.