SAU Community

The Intercooler Thread

AlexCim

i am also currently looking at one of the FPV typhoon intercoolers to fit to my series 2 and would be interested to hear if it was successful?

of if anyone else in here knows wht they are rated too for flow etc.?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i noticed all you guys are talking about a cooler with piping that enters and returns thru the same side so no holes have to be cut in the chassis.i wanted to do the same thing on my 33 so i went and got some pipe bent up at an xhaust shop and fitted it in 4hrs. only did it cos i was in a hurry to get it on, have now changed my mind and wana get it repiped properly cos the lowness of the bottom pipe is pissing me off hardcore.

post-34246-1192743613_thumb.jpg

post-34246-1192743636_thumb.jpg

i have a new PWR core here but thinking of going an r34gtt cooler and duct, summer has made my car so unresponsive, will a GTT cooler help much for responsiveness over summer on a stock car, or just go FMIC straight away(dont really wanna fork out for piping), also the FMIC takes air away from the radiator, hence the appeal of the GTT cooler.

-Ryan

heya all

i just won a typhoon intercooler from ebay for $80 so cant wait to get it and clean it out etc. then the hunt will be on for some pipework and joiners so ican fit it up.

then i spose it will be a trip back to the dyno to see if it makes any difference in the tune and boost levels etc.

i have a new PWR core here but thinking of going an r34gtt cooler and duct, summer has made my car so unresponsive, will a GTT cooler help much for responsiveness over summer on a stock car, or just go FMIC straight away(dont really wanna fork out for piping), also the FMIC takes air away from the radiator, hence the appeal of the GTT cooler.

-Ryan

Anyone?

no it didn't need cutting.

confirming it is this kit?

Cooling-Pro Intercooler Piping Kit - Skyline R34 GTT Price: $299

Includes Piping - Hoses & Fittings

Suit 600 x 300 x 76 Sized Intercoolers

would that mean a trust r34gtt kit wouldnt require the cutting of the battery tray where an r33 gtst kit does? interesting

confirming it is this kit?

Cooling-Pro Intercooler Piping Kit - Skyline R34 GTT Price: $299

Includes Piping - Hoses & Fittings

Suit 600 x 300 x 76 Sized Intercoolers

would that mean a trust r34gtt kit wouldnt require the cutting of the battery tray where an r33 gtst kit does? interesting

thats the one, however we bought the whole intercooler kit, but i'm sure the piping is the same.

i used a r34 gtt kit and needed to cut under battery,trim the bar where the piping joined cooler,also my fan had to lose a little bin of it fin,

you have to cut under the battery for all the intercooler kits that dont use the stock piping, but you dont actually cut the tray (unless thats what ryan is refering to as the tray...?)

i wouldnt recommend cutting the fan though, becuase a) you shouldnt need to, kylies doesnt touch the fan, there is a bracket that attaches to the front engine removal bracket, and b) it can unbalance it, and cause it to shit itself. i replaced the clutched fan on my 33 with a pair of 12" thermo's.

ok then, yes you have to cut a hole into the vertical part of the chassis to pass the intercooler pipe through, there is no other way, besides a same side entry cooler, and stock piping.

• 6 months later...