SAU Community

The Intercooler Thread

AlexCim

post-20653-1188121213_thumb.jpg Here's my install,

Just a R34 GTT Monsta kit, with some stuffing around with the passangers side piping (had to use the old intercooler to intake pipe with about 1.5" & the big 90 degree bend off the intercooler with the insulation stripped off. You've got to cut a hole under the battery tray, but if you measure & cut it carefully it looks factory. Plus i had to trip the reo bar about 3/4" at the bottom to clear the end tanks as the core is too thick & hits the AT cooler (Series 2)

I don't need an interccooler that can handle 10,000,000hp, I'm only after around 300Kw so I didn't see the point of spending my hard earned cash on something i just won't use. So after weighing it all up, you just can't go wrong for $300 delivered!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I've yet to see a cooler with this layout, so no, I can't say I have.

I do know that these style intercoolers exist (albeit rare), but I personally haven't seen it applied to a Stagea yet, nor seen one that may suit the job.

Has anyone else fitted a cooler with both ends on the same side of the cooler? seems alot easier to run piping straight up rather than up and across from the other side from what i can gather

pwr on the goldcoast make a i/c with inlet & outlet on the same side, it costs approx $800 without piping & seems a bit heavy (weight wise)

i have just fitted a greedy type m to my s1(hole under battery etc etc,)

Has anyone else fitted a cooler with both ends on the same side of the cooler? seems alot easier to run piping straight up rather than up and across from the other side from what i can gather

G`day i have order core 400x300x100mm will have same end fitting`s as i don`t want to cut hole.plus i need space for tran`s cooler`s.not sure of cost yet ???.when i find out cost,i will post it if that any help.chuckie.

Just about to attempt an R33 ARC intercooler fit to a S2, same side return, expecting a tight fit where the 2 pipes pass into the stock intercooler area, will post pics if a success. Have heard its an easy job with S1s, but I feel the S2 bumper is more restrictive with space.

Lee, sorry for going OT but I like your eyelids for your car, where did you get them? And why do you have mesh over your licence plate?

I'm thinking for simplicity sake, a R34GTT SMIC and water spray kit is going to be the way to go for our Stag. I can't imagine my wife letting cut up the front bar of HER Stag!!!

Cheers, Greg.

I also noticed the mesh... looks freaken weird... what on earth is it for? My only guess would be to prevent red light cameras getting a good shot if it is shooting from an angle.

I'm certain there are laws against objects obstructing the plates, I'd be careful if I was you as you might end up copping a fine for that instead.

I also noticed the mesh... looks freaken weird... what on earth is it for? My only guess would be to prevent red light cameras getting a good shot if it is shooting from an angle.

I'm certain there are laws against objects obstructing the plates, I'd be careful if I was you as you might end up copping a fine for that instead.

lol :laughing-smiley-014: ........ i thought the mesh would get a few comments. after my wife has just purchased personalised plates i decided that i no longer liked my shitty standard ones. i'm definitely going the thinner personalised plates myself. ps. the mesh was just for the photo.

leigh

I just got a FPV Typhoon cooler I'm hoping to run the piping back through the smic holes..... when my car gets here. It's not huge, core measures 175h x 370w x 55d. I'm never gonna be chasing over 200rwkw though, and it cost me bit over $100.... piping shouldn't cost too much to get made up should it? post-29840-1190763699_thumb.jpg

Edited by timheather

some pics of my current R33 ARC intercooler into S2 Stagea installation, no major dramas, just a slight trimming of the bumper support, IC mounts lined up nicely with existing holes.

post-780-1190866955_thumb.jpg

post-780-1190866972_thumb.jpg

looks good chook, did you retain the factory piping in the engine bay from the factory cooler? or was this replaced as well.

How much was the kit if you dont mind me asking, I assume it would fit a S1 stagea also..

cheers

nothing was touched in the engine bay, pipes went into the factory rubber hoses. Ive heard from another member who fitted one to a S1, no problems as well. I got mine in the classified section privately, but new cond, for $900, not cheap these days for an IC, but you pay for quality and ease of fitment. ie, rather not spend days getting pipes made up to fit.

http://www.nengun.com/arc/intercooler-front-mount

Edited by chook