SAU Community

Sigsputnik's Pix From Japan (regularly Updated)

sigsputnik

Hi y'all,

I'm in Tokyo for a few months so I thought I'd post up photos from around these parts. I'll post about both cars and daily life for a bit of variety. I'll try and update every few days or so. :(

So here's the first instalment.

First an R34 adorned in police livery, but this is not the police R34 that we've all read about. It's a promo for a PS2 game I think.

0.jpg

Honda NSX near where we live.

1.jpg

Toyota Levin. Bonnet pins and a big exhaust but couldn't tell anything else.

2.jpg

Mitsubishi Starion - it's rare to see an older car like this in Tokyo because cars older than four years require annual mechanical inspection. I'm pretty certain that they're also taxed higher, but not 100% sure. Sorry for the crapness moving shot, I am teh noob with this camera.

3.jpg

Trueno! But not quite a Panda. It was actually white, but a nearby fluoro light bathed everything in an X-files glow.

4.jpg

Eneos WRX. This WRX is run and maintained by a local garage, so we see it regularly. I've it this thing driving around our neighbourhood - I'm no WRX fan, but this thing sounds great.

5.jpg

This pic also shows the price of petrol in the background - I'm not sure if that's per litre, but it translates to about $1.60ish.

6.jpg

I see GTRs every now and then, but most of the Skylines I see during the day are four-door versions. Also a few R33 GTRs. This one was in Akihabara (Electric City).

7.jpg

8.jpg

300ZX - I only include this one because I dig the twin antennas on the rear window, to which I'm kinda partial.

9.jpg

More soon - let me know what you want to see and I'll see what I can do.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Ta for the kind words. I'll try and keep this interesting, so be sure to tell me what you'd like to see. Rec'd a few PMs already so I'll see what I can do. Restaurants are on the list, Duncan. Thought I'd show some street scenes in this post.

This is Shinjuku, home to one of the world's largest train stations and billions of stores. The Beastie Boys filmed part of the video for Intergalactic there.

201.jpg

This is over at Akihabara (Electric City), where you can buy computers, tech stuff, audio gear, the lot. I'll try and grab pics at night next time - awash with neon. Andrew (SkyGTRline) you'd love it. Wouldn't fit under your car though.

202.jpg

Akihabara again, this time further along the street.

203.jpg

Both of the next two shots are in back streets of Shinjuku. At times it looks quite European, and it's full of stores like Tiffany's, Hugo Boss, Tag Heuer and others. Very expensive. Just walking in I feel like I should apologise.

204.jpg

205.jpg

A Taito game super store in Akihabara - this thing glows pink at night. It's six stories of games, pinball, 'skill testers' and the like. There's a Sega one across the road, but I'll save that for another post.

206.jpg

This is a Karaoke place in Shinjuku. Several stories of karaoke. They don't muck around when it comes to Karaoke in this town.

207.jpg

This is a view looking down Chuo Dori in Akihabara. On Sundays they close the six-lane street off to motorised traffic. It gives you a bit of a taste of how it would look at night, and the sheer scale of the place. If it's electrical, you can find it here.

208.jpg

Amid the huge glitzy streets, there are still tiny back alleys like this one. It's a maze of crusty, dingy little food joints pumping out the most divine smells.

209.jpg

Next post - more of the four wheeled variety. :huh:

What does the weather like?

its starting to get cold.. jumper during the day and jumper and jacket at night time...

its good to see some new faces hence photos gracing this section... ahh how it felt to be new to japan ... keep the good work up :P

This is Shinjuku, home to one of the world's largest train stations and billions of stores. The Beastie Boys filmed part of the video for Intergalactic there.

Bit of trivia but it is Japan's busiest, but not the largest. :(

Out of curiosity, since youre living in Tokyo, which district do you prefer, especially in the evenings?

Last month I spent the weekend based in Shinjuku but was disapointed, I found I preferred Shibuya.

Edited by drunkenmaster

Alright, bumper post:

PUNKS N CARS

fug yeh.

R34 GTR

305.jpg

321.jpg

Pick the American car...

303.jpg

304.jpg

Stagea!

302.jpg

'Nuther R34 GTR V-Spec

306.jpg

For those among you who prefer European cars to Jap cars, this should please both of you. Convertible Bimmer.

301.jpg

Stock black R33 - this one's for _Leech. Big up the Canberra Skyline Crew!

307.jpg

OK, now we're over in Harajuku and as the Freestylers said, "punks in the back! Hoods on the right!". Anyway, the goth punk scene is huge over here and they look unreal.

308.jpg

309.jpg

310.jpg

This guy was just doing superhero poses. Note passers-by who are just fine with that. Mad.

311.jpg

312.jpg

313.jpg

314.jpg

323.jpg

324.jpg

Jaguar XKR.

315.jpg

326.jpg

Maserati, but no idea which one. Quite nice if you like that sort of thing.

317.jpg

cont'd.

nice pics. harajuku certainly is packed full of the weidos isn't it? whilst there at shakeys i saw a lady with a kid on a bike in what was pretty much a full on bear suit!! and plenty of goths etc around the station, near meiji jingu shrine.

oh, and to continue with the pedantic corrections, akihabara is reffered to as "electric town" not electric city. :D man i am pedantic!