SAU Community

Just Car Insurenace

Trust33

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i payed $1750 full comp JCI, 21yo no claims, rating 2(I think)

hope that its not all for nothing......will be seriously p1ssed :O

Edit: I called Shannons, told me straight off call JCI as itl be hunderds cheaper. Iv had buddies with JCI and had no probs, all this talk is makin me think of gettin a refund and goin 3rd party :)

Edited by Ezz35

i just got a fresh online quote

apparently im still rating 5...20y.o in jan. insured since jan last year...

no history, 98 R33 but with no real mods...just a lot of factory options....

$2294

yeah lump sum sucks ass....that was my new dump pipe money. still thought it was a pretty good quote tho....considering I almost went for a 95 honda accord for cheaper insurance

You guys should be happy with what you pay

My premium last year was $4400 for a $44K 33 gtr with mods

This year im pretty stoked. $3165 with 40% no claim, 24 yr old in sydney. But my car value has dropped to 41k

Thats big $$ :D

Is it heavily modified?

33 GTR for me as a 24 year old with JCI was $1200 fully comp which was standard apart from an exhaust.

Interestingly I pay less to insure my Lexus with RACV than JCI quoted me. I pay $530 fully comp on the IS200 and JCI wanted $900.

On the original subject, from my previous insurance experience both here and overseas, anything illegal voided the entire insurance whether it contributed to the claim or not.

exactly, the boost controller wasnt the cause of the claim, right? hense they paid out. i doubt many assessors could confidently examine a modified Jap import and identify all the mods and what they do anyway.

Edited by _8OO5TED_

think about it logically for a second. if they didnt pay someones claim out because of a boost controller or something similar it would kill their business. (half the people with policies would pull out). for legal resons they probably have to say they wont but they always will.

I've recently received a few quotes..

Cheapest were JustCars but they don't have pay by the month. Just Cars have a horrid excess should something happen.

Famous Car Insurance is pretty damn cheap also and do monthly.

Their excess is a little high.

Shannons have a pretty good all round policy, free windscreen, really cheap excesses and a pretty damn good price and no extra cost for monthly. But no under 25's.

Vigil... hrmm They were just over $200 more expensive than Shannons or more importantly $500 more than Just Cars. They required a receipt of the type of alarm and came across as being very picky. Their excess is pretty nasty, no free windscreen. They do monthly.

Free windscreen is a pretty big one, I've always used it in the past. Why put up with a crack in the windscreen if you don't have to. :P

Edited by Cubes

I've got just cars insurance full comprehensive

98 r34 gt-t skyline

agreed to cover listed mods - boostcontroller, fmic, bov, exhaust

agreed to cover listed accesories - turbo timer ,alarm

agreed value - $34000

rating 1 - 24 yo

premium = $1100 next year falls to about $900

i reckon that's pretty reasonable don't you guys

when you say they agreed to cover your mods, are they covering the car with the mods fitted in the event of an accident claim etc, or covering those items for theft....ie if someone breaks in and steals your boost controller, TT etc,