SAU Community

Jun 2.7l Stroker Build Underway (hks T04z)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Specific workshop slandering aside, i think Brad is doing an excellent job in having a go and doing it himself. I also get extremely annoyed at people who denegrate those who are attemping to learn by 'doing'. Ive had people laugh at my misfortune relating to spun bearings in an RB26 engine that i put in my car, saying "well thats what you get when you do it yourself!" Many of these people, however, struggle to change their oil and they can "manage" their projects as much as they want, but its never the same as actually getting in there and learning while doing.

As for the excessive time frames involved in getting anything done by many workshops; well we've all been there im sure. Unfortunately this is just part of the industry in many cases. My build has taken 2 years and counting, mainly due to this very reason.

Anyway, keep it up Brad. I like that you seem to be an enthusiast and dont appear to be trying to prove anything like its a competition. Of course, it would have been nice to have read all the posts but Ashley clearly goes about his duties in a biased and unproffessional manner that is not limited to the Forced Induction section.

Edited by Shaun

Specific workshop slandering aside, i think Brad is doing an excellent job in having a go and doing it himself. I also get extremely annoyed at people who denegrate those who are attemping to learn by 'doing'. Ive had people laugh at my misfortune relating to spun bearings in an RB26 engine that i put in my car, saying "well thats what you get when you do it yourself!" Many of these people, however, struggle to change their oil and they can "manage" their projects as much as they want, but its never the same as actually getting in there and learning while doing.

As for the excessive time frames involved in getting anything done by many workshops; well we've all been there im sure. Unfortunately this is just part of the industry in many cases. My build has taken 2 years and counting, mainly due to this very reason.

Anyway, keep it up Brad. I like that you seem to be an enthusiast and dont appear to be trying to prove anything like its a competition. Of course, it would have been nice to have read all the posts but Ashley clearly goes about his duties in a biased and unproffessional manner that is not limited to the Forced Induction section.

thanks shaun appreciate the support, as said its easy to bag when u dont do nuthin yourself and pay someone $60 an hour, but u get 100 times more satisfaction when its going and knowing all work was done at home without any workshops help :D

also thanx rolls

wow.. what a mess.

nice project though..

your misfortunes (as bad as they are) is very good reading for dreamers like myself...

I hope your next post regarding this car/engine and so on is just a new thread saying, project complete, car tuned, power = xyz, here is dyno graph with power, torque, a:f ratio and boost.

good luck and good work

• 3 weeks later...
i cant say the real stuff behind the issues with workshops as i'll just end up getting banned because people dont like hearing the truth.

lol that is so true its not funny..

i got banned from another forum for expressing the truth and well.. now threats of being bashed (oh f**king no...) but yer.. its amusing how some people expect you to listen to there complete utter crap(wat they believe to be the truth) yet when you tell them the real truth.. they just cant handle it..

im almost at the stage were i dont want anything to do with the f**kwits invloved with the scene around here.. i'll happily go out for a bit of a run and play around.. but other than that.. dont want nothing to do with a few of them cause of the bitchyness that goes on.. simply want to have fun.. not constantly argue for no f**king reason about wat computer is better who builds better cars blah blah blah you know the usual crap

either way gone way off track to wat the thread is.. very nice setup looking forward to seeing results once fully tuned

Edited by rb26s13

lol that is so true its not funny..

i got banned from another forum for expressing the truth and well.. now threats of being bashed (oh f**king no...) but yer.. its amusing how some people expect you to listen to there complete utter crap(wat they believe to be the truth) yet when you tell them the real truth.. they just cant handle it..

im almost at the stage were i dont want anything to do with the f**kwits invloved with the scene around here.. i'll happily go out for a bit of a run and play around.. but other than that.. dont want nothing to do with a few of them cause of the bitchyness that goes on.. simply want to have fun.. not constantly argue for no f**king reason about wat computer is better who builds better cars blah blah blah you know the usual crap

either way gone way off track to wat the thread is.. very nice setup looking forward to seeing results once fully tuned

hey mate thanks for the support, it is alot like that around perth too, too many bitches on the bandwagon who dont know jack shit and are all talk and never picked up a spanner in there entire lifetime.

i just dont bother posting anything about my car and never will again, its just too much bullshit.

i suppose the only way to find info is from rumours, which dont take long to spread around here also.

good luck to the internet mechanics i say, let them dream about putting a pod filter on their dead stock rb20 ahah

lol the amount of talk that happens around cairns is just amazing.. theres so much bullshit.. one of the funniest ive heard of is some turbo bug that ihe claims is "qld's quickest street rego'd bug" yet when it was on the dyno.. it only made 164rwhp (omg thats gotta be a record) and he's never raced it down the strip.. and he wont bring it out to race

thats the sorta shit im sick of hearing.. its even worse that people actualy believe him :P but anyway shit happens people are stupid

anyway.. send us a pm when you've got your results after final full power tune if you can please looking forwards to seeing the results :)

good luck to the internet mechanics i say, let them dream about putting a pod filter on their dead stock rb20 ahah

HEY! Thats my comfort zone...any nothing wrong with a dead stock RB20 :P

HEY! Thats my comfort zone...any nothing wrong with a dead stock RB20 :P

haah sorry roy i wasnt meaning it against rb20 owners i meant the people who dribble about the best setup is this and this for an hour to only find they have a stock rb20 or 25 with 0 mods.

they are the people who reckon they have the best ideas but they just got no money to do it and then bag the shit of other people who actually can do it and say "oh but y the waste of money crank when u coulda got a rb30 bottom end" etc.

if u dont like dont say nuthin.

thanks

lol not sure.. just having my say if thats directed at me? :P

hey mate your alright, i just meant the usual WA bandwagon followers will soon come in and have their dribble and bitch.

just the nature of the car scene these days i think.

i have no problem with your comments rb26s13 they are spot-on the money :)

• 1 month later...

He's been to busy asking about forklift motors and whoring every thread on SAU saying have you seen my crank to run a time or get a power figure

While the rest of us with forklift motors are out there running times living it up :)

Wazz I'd rather have a running car that does do 10 sec passes then the piss and wind could of would of should of you boys talk

i didnt say anything about forklift motor so why have a go at me?

and no i aint posting info on its results because of them sort of comments.

buster what the fark is your problem anyway?

u need an auto to run decent times so who gives a shit

ill let u know pete but i aint posting stuff online for this very reason

Edited by CruiseLiner