SAU Community

R32 Fender Mounted Side Mirrors?

slowridn73

So I was browsing the part diagrams for the R32 and found parts listed for fender mounted side mirrors and blank covers for the door mounted mirrors. Me being the loser that I am, I wanted to see what my GTR looked like with the passenger mirror deleted (most of the old muscle cars had only drivers mirrors in the 60s) since the delete plate is pretty cheap. That got me thinking though, Ive never seen the fender mounted side mirrors on any R32, couldn't even find a picture on google images for it. Anyone ever seen these installed or have a picture of them?

Update, got the blank installed along with some new trim and small pieces for the doors today and this is what she looks like...

75292F90-57B5-4977-B85D-ECB4CCEC2F2A_zps

5064B77E-6DC3-4717-A4BC-97C17656C131_zps

I really like the sleek look but I think the large drivers mirror throws it off. Im not really convinced of the look yet but I was thinking either a low profile fender mirror might be able to pull it off or I could try for a low profile drivers mirror in black to even out the color. In the mean time it will keep my interior dry while I fix my mirror motors.

Thoughts?

Don't even think about fender mirrors. You will have a tiny field of vision from them. There's a reason they don't put them there anymore! As for deleting the passenger side mirror - words fail me!

If you really hate them so much get some Ganador mrrors.

If I hated the standard side mirrors then I wouldn't be taking the time to fix the motors in them, as stated in the post above I am using the blank to keep water out of the car while I do this.

As for the side mirrors there are many cars in japan that continue to use them, mostly Toyota. Although you lose some vision due to mirrors being an increased distance away from the driver you gain a better view of both mirrors by moving them inward and forward allowing easier viewing (read less head movement to check your mirrors).

This was simply an idea I had that serves a purpose while giving a fresh perspective on a way to set up an R32 that would be very different than just throwing on a ganador miror.

personally i would go for a good replacement but use the propper mirror location.

craftsquareTC-F35D01.jpg

you could go door mounted so the mirrors not miles away from you

Bumper mounted mirrors it is!

Nizmo, I agree, I don't think there is going to be a mirror that will look like it belongs or is not awful.

Those rain guards are nissan oem, I'll get you a part number if you want it.

Bumper mounted mirrors it is!

Nizmo, I agree, I don't think there is going to be a mirror that will look like it belongs or is not awful.

Those rain guards are nissan oem, I'll get you a part number if you want it.

I would be keen to know the part number. If you could post it that would be great.

Jase