SAU Community

Nengun

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a great experience with nengun, first clicked pay on th 30th of the ninth, and i received regular updates, and my stuff got here today, 17th of the tenth. will definately order again :D

• 2 months later...

Guys,

Just quickly, Im getting my car tuned friday week - powerFC - all booked in.

Im now thinking I should have got the boost controller option / kit with it - nengun have some good prices - but is it worth the risk?

Will it get here on time or before???

Or will it be a waste of time! Something I cant really afford right now!

On their site - enquiries - it says please allow upto 3 business days for them to get back to me.....so Im not too sure about it all!!

Anyone had experiences with them?

Or got a good contact number if anything!?!?

Guys,

Just quickly, Im getting my car tuned friday week - powerFC - all booked in.

Im now thinking I should have got the boost controller option / kit with it - nengun have some good prices - but is it worth the risk?

Will it get here on time or before???

Or will it be a waste of time! Something I cant really afford right now!

On their site - enquiries - it says please allow upto 3 business days for them to get back to me.....so Im not too sure about it all!!

Anyone had experiences with them?

Or got a good contact number if anything!?!?

it took me 1 month to get my parts from them, was a tomei oil pump so not an item they stock,

honestly wouldnt wait for it...

i cant seem to make an account with nengun. it doesnt like my email address, also i cannot send an enquiry because it says to put a valid email address

i have tried 2 email adresses both ending with @optusnet.com.au

i wouldnt have thought there would be a problem??

i receive around 20 packages a year from Japan and plenty of times it takes longer than 72 hours. no way does it ever take weeks, but saying 72hours max is rubbish. It generally takes 4 days, very rarely is it ever quicker than that. and sometimes it's a day longer.
Take a look at the EMS history of one of your recent orders...you should see that the time from lodgement at the senders post office and the time you signed off on it. Good chance this time will be consistently under 72 (even 48) hours for transit time.

Given I currently work at the AusPost facility that handles all EMS parcels, I think I can add a little perspective on this.

In an ideal world, 2-3 days would be about right. It usually goes something like this: 1 day for lodgment and movement within sender's country, 1 day in transit (i.e. on a plane) to Australia, 1 day for processing and movement within Australia.

In reality 4-5 days is much more likely. Depending on when and where the item is lodged within the sender's country, sometimes its upwards of 2 days before it gets on a plane. If the plane is a later flight, or is not running to schedule, and the mail doesn't arrive at Sydney airport before about 1PM, we (AusPost) are under no obligation to process it that day, so it usually then sits there till next morning. Its then x-rayed and customs and/or quarantine might grab it (in which case your looking at anything from no delay up to about 7 days). If you live in metro Sydney or Queensland, items will be sent on to a delivery centre on the day they are committed for despatch to customers, and then the item is usually delivered the next day.

So basically if the item takes 2 days in the country of origin, is on a late or delayed flight, is inspected by customs, and you live in a regional area or any state besides NSW or Queensland, it can easily take 6-8 days. Even for Sydney metro I think 4 days is probably a good average.

I think nengun is pretty good, your items allways make it, the only screw up i've heard from them is from my friend that baught a strut brace from them, it came and it was for the wrong car... no big deal just time consuming... but with my power fc customs were holding it (sonsofbitches) because it was apparently over $1000 (120000 yen) on the package but i payed $960 for it... so i had to fax them my online receipt.. thats the only sh!t thing i've found but yea i give nengun 2 thumbs up!

• 1 month later...

I've gotten quite a few things from them, never had any troubles, sometimes 40% cheaper than i could of gotten stuff over here and that's delivered to your door.

Sometimes it takes a while to get stuff, depending on the make/model/part etc, but in the end, you do get it.

First place i check for parts now.

I'm about to order my kit from Nengun but the list comes to $6700. Any advice on how to get this stuff into Australia an incur the smallest amount of customs possible?

ie Do I pay for each item separately and therefore have most invoices for less than $1,000. Do I ask Nengun to send all the items separately? This would most likely cost more in postage.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yeh my order being processed at the moment is also taking forever. Ordered nearly three weeks ago. I have received two items in this time from SLIDE that were delivered within six or so working days. It should be made more clear that he does not have the items in stock as the actual shipping time doesn't appear to be the problem. I would understand a tomei oil pump taking a week or so longer, though i ordered Defi guages and a Power FC. Pretty run of the mill.

Edited by neergnevets