No Speed Limit Street Car Event

INSSSANE

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Topaz...deposit is $75 and $75 is due on the night - last I heard.

Thats what it was last time, but this time theres the CAMS thing. I just wanted confimation from INSSSANE that its till $75 deposit and we pay $115 on the night.

Also, I still need to know where and when to get an extinguisher fitted. :

Last time I saw the entry price it was $150 (50% Deposit) + CAMS Licence

CAMS could be;

A current L2S license

OR buy a L2SE for the event only I think it's $40 or $20. Can't remember

OR Jai/Brett were hoping to start a CAMS approved "club" and would be offering 12month L2S license on the night for ~$100. Price pending. Last I heard from Jai they were hoping for CAMS affiliation status on the 8th April

Your best bet for more accurate information would be to email Brett or Jai

Pop into Tenagah for an extinguisher, Abdus will sort ya out

Do you know how much? I think Jai said he can do them for $85 installed. Will it be the same?

Tenagah is right near me, so it would be easier for me to get there.

Sorry for the delay in this night happening guys but i have great news, everything has been sorted out and the track has been booked for Monday the 24th April 2006. The details are still as per the first post, for those who are interested we only have 5 spots available I'll let you know if more become available.

For those who have paid etc please let your mates know that have paid also so we don't miss anyone out. If you haven't already organised your fire extinguisher give Jai a call at Tyrepower Greenwood (9247 1166)

Cheers

Brett

So is a extinguisher mandatory or not?

They weren't at the last no speed limit event.

Had a car burst into flames next to me at Barbagello once.

5 of us emptied our extinguishers into that car to no effect.

Always thought I would just walk away after that incident rather than wait for my eyebrows to grow back.

Not keen on drilling holes in the 35 for an extinguisher

Just an update as it appears i forgot to mention it. Spectator fee is $5 per person and don't forget that the next day is ANZAC day which means it's a public holiday.

Also this is strictly a NO alcohol event.

So is a extinguisher mandatory or not?

They weren't at the last no speed limit event.

Had a car burst into flames next to me at Barbagello once.

5 of us emptied our extinguishers into that car to no effect.

Always thought I would just walk away after that incident rather than wait for my eyebrows to grow back.

Not keen on drilling holes in the 35 for an extinguisher

We got away with it last time but yes as of this event they are required by CAMS, I do agree that 1kg of extinguisher might not do much but rules are rules. There were some Ford boys who felt the same way about it, I was going to find out if we can mount them on a bracket which uses the bolts of the seat (cost would go up also due to manufacturing something substantual if it's ok). However i can't garrantee this would be acceptable but i was going to ask anyway.

Just an update as it appears i forgot to mention it. Spectator fee is $5 per person and don't forget that the next day is ANZAC day which means it's a public holiday.

Also this is strictly a NO alcohol event.

$5 to watch a track day thats not a race meet or drifting?

bit rude don't you think..

We got away with it last time but yes as of this event they are required by CAMS, I do agree that 1kg of extinguisher might not do much but rules are rules. There were some Ford boys who felt the same way about it, I was going to find out if we can mount them on a bracket which uses the bolts of the seat (cost would go up also due to manufacturing something substantual if it's ok). However i can't garrantee this would be acceptable but i was going to ask anyway.

I mounted my extinguisher using drivers seat retaining bolts. What you need is a length of flat bar (I used stainless steel - about 20mm x 6mm from memory) Match drill the stainless bar to the extinguisher bracket & bolt the two together. Then bend the bar about to allow it to clear all the lumps/bumps in the area. Finally drill another hole for the mounting bolt & attach it. If anyone is interested I can post up a photo tomorrow...

Haven't been knocked back by the scrutineers yet. Be aware though, that if you are short this probably won't work as the seat gets in the way.

Edited by djr81

Whats the go with food and drink there? do we get a free hotdog or something?, if so I am getting mine this time because I missed out and went hungry last time :(

Will there be stuff fot sale for spectators?

$5 to watch a track day thats not a race meet or drifting?

bit rude don't you think..

This has been discussed on many occasions before, however to you complain about the $11 entry to the motorplex to watch Whoop Ass Wednesdays?? We are a business and we need to cover costs, if you think it's not worth it then that's your opinion and no one is forcing you to come down.

I mounted my extinguisher using drivers seat retaining bolts. What you need is a length of flat bar (I used stainless steel - about 20mm x 6mm from memory) Match drill the stainless bar to the extinguisher bracket & bolt the two together. Then bend the bar about to allow it to clear all the lumps/bumps in the area. Finally drill another hole for the mounting bolt & attach it. If anyone is interested I can post up a photo tomorrow...

Haven't been knocked back by the scrutineers yet. Be aware though, that if you are short this probably won't work as the seat gets in the way.

We fit the extinguishers to the passenger side of the vehicle so this mounting method wouldn't bother the seating position of the driver. I haven't asked the question yet, but as long as you can still easily access the clips for the bracket this should be satisfactory. Also aslong as the plate you use isn't too thick and takes up half the thread of the seat bolts.

I put it on the drivers side because the passengers side slides forward easier/further when you need to get people in the back.

By the way - from memory the Collie motorplex charges $5 to go and watch any of their events. On the other hand the Speedeventseries don't.

Edited by djr81

Brett

ive got a mate who is keen to enter , last minute thing (his car is now ready to go , he thought it wouldnt be)

send me a sms asap on 0410472432 and ill throw you his details.

Edited by [teejay]