SAU Community

How My New Intercooler Has Caused Dramas

erupt

hi folks,

today me & my cousin put a hybrid style intercooler on my r32 gtst

we came up with a few dilemas and cutting many holes especially on the right hand side of the battery, which later on when trying to move the piping on the left hand side cracked one of my aircon pipes which burst .when we thought we were done my bonnet was closed it was making a grinding noise

we had to cut the fans down which stoped the noise its just harder now closing my bonet. when lining up my gtr bar on my gtst we found the intercooler wasnt straight and the bar doesnt even go on because of the piping what a day it has been ive given up n left my car at his house, i did take the car for a spin it went abit better but also when we got back i found the raditor hose disconnected with green fluied everywhere which i hope didnt fly off when testing which means i might have to get mr superglue out

i wonder if anyone else had these dilemas

and you guessed it we are back at it again tommorow

wish me luck im sunburnt :(

if anyone has any ideas/tips please go for it because its doing my head in !

You pretty much always need to cut bits of the front bar when fitting a front-mount... from what i've seen/heard.

The fan needs to be trimmed on some kits that don't fit 100%.

Bad luck with your A/C pipes... time for a regas!

Don't use superglue on those radiator pipes dude.

haha, dude i put my intercooler on like 2 weeks ago, i didnt have to cut any fans and shit, but f*kin ay my front bar looks just like that hahaha

could have been done much cleaner, but just didnt have the tools/patients at the time, just buy a diff front bar later kaka

yeh exactly when it didnt fit back on i was cursing so i grab the hacksaw and took out bits & it still didnt fit back on so the bottom had to go.

i didnt really care as you cant ell ont her ight side covered by black tape the boyttom bar snapped n was in the market for a new one rather then fixing. anyone know where i can nab a gtr bar with some actual room? heh

well i have noting constructive to add except thats a huge trim! lol

who ever installed mine didnt trim the front bar, they trimmed the front cross member so it sat inside the front bar!! mines a S1 so I dont have air bags but if it did they would be usless!

post-24678-1138759582.jpg

Edited by Ezz35

yeah i bought the trust V-spl and barely any of the front bar got chopped. and no fan blades cut either. the only thing i have noticed is a slight rub mark from the bonnett on the top of the crossover pipe.

Edited by GTS4dood