SAU Community

R33 Gt25t Series 1 headlight maintenance

SHUTO-BOY

yeah i just got a soft cloth and rubbed a bit it, tries to wipe it off but it was a bit difficult so i just used a wet cloth and then just dried it off afterwards, came up good i rekon.

predator666:

you get to the bulbs from your engine bay, there is a cover that you just give a half turn to and it gives you access to the globes, have a look and twist the cover of, it should all be pretty self explainitory from there, globes range in price, depending on if you want just normal ones or pretty blue ones, hahaha :P

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R33_Cam: thanx but, err, yeah, i know how to do that.. I wanna know how i can pull the whole front lens off the rest of the assembly to clean. Sounds like other people have done it.

There are some clips, but i've removed them, and it doesn't come off.

Guest Pickled Icecream

Shuto-Boy - To make them white and shiny, i would suggest a good plastic primer, followed by gloss white paint. Finish with a coat of clear lacquer, a quick polish and youre done.

Ps - Im an arse.

Meguires Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Polish - works best - takes it off easily and it doesnt build up again for a while after. Bought it in K-Mart auto but anywhere that sells Meguires should stock it - from memory its not terribly expensive either. Haha i saw that a lot of the cars had frosty lights at the last cruise and quite a few ppl asked me what i used.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had to change their front parker light globes? I am having trouble working out how to get into them. Any suggestions?

help would be appreaciated.

Dan.

If u ever wana get em off put em in the oven for a few min without letting them melt till the goo stuff goes soft n rip em apart

then jam it back together and put it back in for another few to hardend the goo again

werkd for me

but dont try it if u dont trust ureself :(

I hit mine with cutting compound, works a treat.

Don't bother doing it by hand as it wont last long.

I had a friend do it with a very fine polish/cut compound, worked but did not last.

This time I insisted he use the hardest cutting compound he had.

Have a real close look the plastic is very thick.

I also replaced my bulbs with Phillips Opti blue, about $80 a set including parkers.

I found that when I pulled the parkers out they were stuffed and just crumbled in my hand.

Have the problem where I have had condensation on the inside of my lights leaving nice dirty streaks inside... so mine will be going in the oven soon.

Some ppl's lights look really clean but at night u can tell if they have had the inside done too, as heaps i have seen have the same streaks.

My soarer came in and the plastic had almost gone pearly. Had some old kitten cut & polish in a tin at home and it made a huge diff. Finished off with meguires plastic polish

• 1 year later...

The parking/side lights come out from behind the headlight - the same as the low/high beams... you put your hand in there (hope you dont have big hands) and very akwardly twist it about 1/4 turn, and it comes out, you put your new globe in, and put it back in, with a 1/4 turn and done :D

takes a bit of patients and a few cramps in the hand from the akward angles :D