SAU Community

Nismo Key

beastien

where can i gat a programable remonte key and how much will one cost. i checked at my local nissan dealer. they quoted me $230 + $60 program fee. can i get one cheaper as this seems way too expensive.

thanks

I bought a polished 'gtr' key from Nissan, which fits fine. The local locksmith not only cut 2 test keys to make sure it was all good (and she let me have them for nothing), but she wrote down what the code was, so I could get more cut if needed (Now that I have 4 keys, I don't think it will be an issue!).

I guess that means my code was missing too....

I bought a polished 'gtr' key from Nissan, which fits fine. The local locksmith not only cut 2 test keys to make sure it was all good (and she let me have them for nothing), but she wrote down what the code was, so I could get more cut if needed (Now that I have 4 keys, I don't think it will be an issue!).

I guess that means my code was missing too....

how much was the key??

I just brought normal Nissan keys - about 13 bucks from Nissan spare parts. I was thinking about getting the one with the keyless entry (because i've got one already) but at $365...no way i'm paying that much for that (well i'm getting my alarm installed next week - there's my keyless entry. lol)

Anyone got a spare S2 'door remote' key, in working order, they no longer need ? I could send you back a blank spare key cut to match in exchange.

Edited by chook

where can i gat a programable remonte key and how much will one cost. i checked at my local nissan dealer. they quoted me $230 + $60 program fee. can i get one cheaper as this seems way too expensive.

thanks

$230 is about the cheapest ive heard, where was this quote from ?

You can code them yourself, plenty info on net, pm me if you cant find.

Edited by chook

When i lost my only genuine key i got the locksmith to "read the cuts" on my crappy backup (it was pretty bad - hard to turn on ignition and would not open the boot at all) - then cut it on a cheap key - went out and tested then got two genuine blanks done to code.

He also stamped the code on one of the keys for me.

• 1 month later...

Anybody know any details about the actual key part of the whole assembly for series 2 standard key?

Especially can I use a standard key, chop it, and attach it as per the right-hand-side of the picture below (thereby using a second-hand key assembly with my own actual 'key' part which I can get copied). Is there any use to this? Anybody tried it?

post-32445-1205420765_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
It's got me wondering why the numbers have been ground off the keys, Maybe a security issue in Japan or something, if someone gets the number they can get a key cut, very strange.

Still got my numbers on keys for both the black S2 RS4 and the silver S1 RS4.

:rant:

• 9 months later...
Hmm, oddly enough, the numbers on my keys have been ground off......

And mine 2 WHATS WITH THAT? i only got 1 key from the dealer but i got plain spares cut anywhear easily but car keys over here r very dear, 7-12 buks each, pretty f*ked price !

also yor remote alarm/central loking button remote is easy 2 get spares from an alarm installer.

This may sound like a stupid question but does anybody know if S1 Stagea's came with remote central locking caus my car only came with 2 normal keys from a locksmith when i got it from the importers.