SAU Community

Owning A Black Car

hey guys...i work for a car matainence product company. This is not a direct plug for the company but i recomend it to my customers for use with balck cars. If you want your car to look its best it can in black there is only 1 polish that can give it to you...its called flash liquid paste..its comes in a 1.8L bottle and sepparates quickly into a yellow and white liquid in the bottle....when shaken its a cream colour...but after 16 months now constantly going and supplying professional detailers with products i can honestly say that nothing comes close and if its done right that light dust mist you get like 2 days later with a hose and quick chamois it should be back to where it was just after you polished it...just an idea for all you people with black cars....

Aaron

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i spent a while looking for a black car that had it's paint work in good condition. I spend a lot of time trying to keep it in that condition too - weekly washing with one or two quick detail sessions in between (i'm a bit anal)

it's worth when you see a dark coloured car in the right light - looks sinister :D

^^^agree im a chick and I LOVE Black....once you have black you never go back...

have a black r33 gtst (up for sale at the moment) and she rocks...yes she gets dirty and finger marks but so does any car... i have actually just brought another black car being a stagea...and i cant wait...

BLACK IS SEXY AND CHICKS LOVE EM!!! :D

Black forever. I have a black car. paint is mint. It's easy to keep clean when you keep the paint well maintained.

After using polymer sealant on it, it protects the paint as well as keeps the dirt off. A wash is easy. All I do is move the sponge over the surface and the dirt all comes off. I dont' rub otherwise i'll scratch the paint, and it's not required anyway.

Black looks the best. Even dirty black looks better than white or silver. Doesn't matter how clean or how much you wax white or sivler it just never really shines.

Everyone of my future cars will be black.

But keep in mind, black is the rarest. Black imports in japan even go for more money. Also, as everyone has mentioned above, poor condition black paint loooks worse than say back condition white. But then the opposite also applies - good condition white paint still looks ugly copmared to black.

i wanted a black one but i couldnt find one in black so i settled for white.... its so easy... can drive for weeks dirty and you dont notice and barely see scratches and only spend a short time washin it...

saying that my XR6T will be black ;):D:D:D

Black R33 GTS-T, and I love it! I think the black Nissan have chosen for the Skylines makes the difference though... (I'm looking at mine out the window parked next to my boss' black A6 - his car just looks dirty (even though it's cleaner than mine...))

Yeah, they are a bugger to keep clean... yeah, they cook birdcrap on in 5 minutes flat (gotta wash it off every day...) but it's nearly three years on since buying mine and I still grin after I wash it... I still sit in my backyard having a ciggie whilst picking out the lines, curves & reflections in the mirror paint finish... A quick dusting with a microfibre cloth in the morning goes a long way (don't you dare think about parking it outside though - I almost moved out when my housemate & I had a fight about my spot in the carport...)

My recommendation is to get one, and look after it. You wont regret it... Just try and find one in good nick - scratches and chips on a black Skyline do make you cry...

Ok i got a very simple tip for alot ... its basicly common sense but it keeps me sane while big roadworks are going on and reduces polishing considerabley..... its a different approach but it works for my black

my mate is a 2k painter and for 15 years now he has been the same with his paint work and its always clean and imacc still...

he showed me this on his black 2k gemini one day after i asked him how he does it ....

the thing is he rarly washes his car with any spounges or detergent ,only if its gone past a point!

his whole theroy is in the shammy removing grime... he dosent just have one he has lots

and either puts one buck in the jet wash or just uses high water pressure and attacks it with that,regulary jetting the grime of the rubber shammy or getting a new rotated one.... 3 minutes tops blows my mind

Also mostly because the paint is still so slippery and clean its usualy a quick hose and then air blast on the road ...depending on how dirty the air is otherwise shammy and take the compliments :P

Also after a polish you dont end up with any swirl marks that some spounges can create if they grap grit

the cars paint water bead never seems to fade away or it does much slowly so its always easy to clean with just pressure....

I swear by this for my black R32 and have a chuckle at the guys busting elbow grease with all the products .....

give it a go gang ...

Edited by ishh

We have 2 black and a silver skyline in the drive - now the silver looks cleaner, and doesn't show the little panel imperfections and stone chips etc as easily,

BUT

the black is soooo worth it. Especially when clean, or not clean (Dusk or dawn). The cars just look hot!

YErp nightmare to keep clean.

One thing i dont think any1 has mentioned.

The heat!!!! the insane heat. The car is like 10degrees hotter than the exact same car in white. Trust me ive checked. You park it for 10-15 mins and u cant even sit down. I have leather seats and they get insanely hot. So if i run in and out of a shop it takes 15 mins to coll the car down again inside and my air con is pretty damn good.

So yer black is very hot indeed

Edited by Boostzor

hey guys im wanting a skyline in the near future and rekon that they look really hot in black. but all my mates tell me not to get a black car cuz its hard to maintain, shows buff marks\scratches really easy etc.

just wanted to get some input from ppl that have owned black cars b4, how much effort was required to keep them looking clean\shiny

cheers

Current R34 I drive is black.Prior to that I drove a black R33 GTR.

On both cars I used Colour Shield which is a teflon coating that bonds to the paint. All that is needed to keep car clean is a hosing down and a buff up with a micro-fibre cloth. Every 4 to 5 months (makers reckon every 12 months) I use a special polish they supply to boost finish. Car and finish look great.

The 33 I had for almost 5yrs and finish was maintained over that time. The R34 I've had 10 months.

Black takes a little extra effort but the look pays off.

The key before using the teflon bond is to prepare the car first with an extremely light cutting compound polish (Auto Glym Renovator 02B). The Colour Shield lasts around 3 to 5 years.

Look if your are going to own a Skyline the car's going to be well looked after ( I hope!). Black is well worth the extra effort.post-25792-1140939765.jpg