SAU Community

Painting and Powder coating rocker covers

Markyboy i would love to know where you got those blue rocker cover breather hoses from...or did you powdercoat those as well! They look awesome!

Now for a pic of me engine bay, bit of an old one but hopefully will have a new one to post up soon.

Hi-filled and 2pac engine covers in a brilliant white, a couple of polished parts here and there, most other bits and pieces i bead blasted; plenum, manifold, master cylinders, wiper motor, pods etc etc.

The paint was done by the panel shop who did the paintwork on the rest of the car.

gallery_17897_1077_258467.jpg

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea that does look pretty good... well done dude!

How hard was it to do and how hard do you think it wouldhave been to take that front cover off and spray that aswell? the one covering the timing belt, cos that would look pretty good if it was all done that silver colour...

Cheers

George

That looks great femno...

is it hard work to remove the plenum/collector?

Haha yeah its a real bitch! But it can be done. I actually did everything before the motor went in, but i guess thats not always possible for everyone, but then i had to remove everything off the intake side anyway because i had a leak! Not a fun job at all. You need a good set of tools, small hands / arms and ALOT of patience.

• 2 weeks later...

These aren't engine parts, but you can't see them unless the bonnet is up, so it sort of still fits into this category....

Yonks ago I painted my old air horns with a view to installing them "one day". :yes:

They were originally red.

I don't like red. :)

Now they are white, with blue, pink and purple pearl flecks.

(modelled by "Oliver" with Yoda watching on)

horns.jpg

...and I also painted (and modified) the strut tops... just for something to do :)

They originally looked like this:

origstrut-top.jpg

Then I thought "hmmmmm, what if the hole on top was welded up"?

So the tops were welded, and then I painted them in Ford "Blaze blue".

struttops.jpg

(This blue doesn't truly represent itself in images where light is directly on its surface.

The image below is a better indicator of the actual colour.)

Horns and strut tops are now in the car.

strut-tops_and_horns.jpg

...and the power steering reservoir got some paint too... Nissan leave these in their natural finish, which tarnishes and looks yucky and dirty.

powersteering.jpg

...and yes, I know the white is "too white", I think the dude got his quantities wrong when he was mixing the paint, because he was given the correct paint code! :huh:

However, once the rest of the engine bay is a bit cleaner, the contrast between the whites will be a lot less. :yes:

....and that's probably the last submission on the subject for me, there's nothing else left in the engine bay to paint!

.....accept maybe the overflow bottle? :)

and here is the trim piece if you want the part number... get it from your friendly nissan dealer and get it under $100... UAS sell the R34 one for $125?! :pirate:

med_gallery_1486_103_511668.jpg

med_gallery_1486_103_443005.jpg

Anyone know the part number for the R34 label? Reckon it would be cheaper than $125 from Nissan?

hey guys i have a white 33 and i was wondering if anyone has pics of a rb25 painted in the same

white as on the 33's ? any thoughts on painting it white ?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Edited by morgz r33

• 1 month later...

they've been doing that for years - it's just a crinkle paint...

same as the honda integra type Rs etc

you should even be able to buy the paint at Autobarn or an automotive paint supplier in a spray can

they've been doing that for years - it's just a crinkle paint...

same as the honda integra type Rs etc

you should even be able to buy the paint at Autobarn or an automotive paint supplier in a spray can

VHT Wrinkle Plus comes to mind.

Pretty darn close to that nissan paint imho.

I think Powerplay Imports have a service where you can get it done exactly like the nissan ones.

Not sure on price though.

• 8 months later...