SAU Community

Airbag Suspension

hatchet_boy

Positives:

- Looks awesome to people who appreciate it..

Negatives:

- Incorrectly used, you can smash your front bar onto the pavement!! Not to mention exhausts etc.

- Shitty car handling. I've heard that it makes your car handle like a boat, even when lowered!

- EXPENSIVE!!

- 70% of people (IMO) will think you're a total tool.. :D

Edited by Primordial

Positives:

- Looks awesome to people who appreciate it..

Negatives:

- Incorrectly used, you can smash your front bar onto the pavement!! Not to mention exhausts etc.

- Shitty car handling. I've heard that it makes your car handle like a boat, even when lowered!

- EXPENSIVE!!

- 70% of people (IMO) will think you're a total tool.. :P

Amen.

Hydraulics are definetly not allowed in nsw, Airbags (bags as truckers call them) are ok. I have plenty of mates into the whole truck thing. Also have a mate with a bagged cresida now it is cool it is somethin very different.

Each to there own, where as the handling comment when the bags are right down it handles like a boat but when the bags are full of air it is seriesly stiff.

my 2c worth

Jamie

yeah, def not in a line eh! bag- snags, it's all wank, im mates wit the guy wit the cressie 2, IT'S PHAT, like ol' grandpa joe stlye and shit... but i have a mate wit a bagged lux, pretty cool, but as i and mate say, it's pretty W.A.N.K. also had a mini- dick show here in port cuppl weeks back, some were pretty sweet, but the majority were just all covered in primer... like jamie said, 2 each there own... Keep it spooln..........

Agree fully brett W.A.N.K factor. But you no the funny thing is most our cars are as low as there's an we aint on bags and we dont have as much bog, im guessing the idea of bog on the trucks is the extra weight will lower it some more im guessin thats there idea anyways. Dont think i dont appreciate a good truck because i do but i just find it hard to understand why most of the trucks are WORK in progress.

They (well most of them) live on a diet of wank and bongs...

should've seen all of them stoned runnin round at the truck show here a cuppla weeks bac... stupid f**ktards... yeah, its not a mini truck wothout bog or the occasion thong to go with it... ha ha... Like i said previously keep spooln!

dont get me wrond, sum trucks are sik! but why waste a turd load of money on somethin that lasts 5 mins but takin 10 mins to wait for the 5 mins again, (air runs out- compressor refilling-3 hours 34 mins later, yay more air)-spose its better than drugs but they still do that!

please for f@*# sake dont turn a nice car into a wanking machine

it,s just (SUPER GAY!!!) If you put bags in you may as well put a V8 in

Ps: dont do it

do your motor up instead

Cheers Trendy

Hydraulics are definetly not allowed in nsw

that's news to me. I drive a car with hydraulic suspension pretty much every day. my soarer is one of 800 to come equipped with full hydraulics. (no not the usual shithouse soarer airbags). It was complied and registered in this state.

Love airbags n hydro's... both our VIP Celsiors have airbags (factory with aftermarket controllers to allow em to sit an inch off the ground) and the Maxima has hydros...

post-12522-1128253996.jpg

post-12522-1128254044.jpg

post-12522-1128254100.jpg

CIMG0032.JPG

CIMG0035.JPG

doin the dogleg (one wheel off the ground)

CIMG0044.JPG

Hydraulics suck for handling and ride comfort,because its like having no springs at all and dampening is only provided at the midpoint of the height, ie there's no travel in shock absorption at full height and minimum height. They pull the chicks though... apparently. Airbags are much nicer for handling and ride comfort. Get an Air Strut though... they're replacement struts with airbags built in.